VANCOUVER, BC, December 02, 2011 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Last week
we discussed why
e-newsletters make excellent marketing tools. As promised, this week we discuss how
to make your e-newsletter effective.
Part 2: Writing an effective e-newsletter
Last week we discussed why e-newsletters
make excellent marketing tools
. As promised, this week we discuss how to make your e-newsletter effective.
Perhaps the most important point is to ensure that you have permission from your clients to send your e-newsletter to them. Ideally, you should have an 'opt-in' list of e-newsletter subscribers. Your clients should need to validate their address so you can be sure your writing is welcomed.
Your e-newsletter should:
- Offer some incentive/reward for subscribing to and reading it. This could be a giveaway, discount or special promotion.
- Have some content that is valuable and likely to engage the reader.
- Have a compelling headline.
- Be written in a conversational tone.
- Have bullet points, graphics, bold headlines and plenty of white space (see last week's remarks
on reading online).
- Be 'scannable'.
- Focus on just one main idea.
- Contain your company logo at the top.
- Be short and concise - 200-300 words is a good length to aim for.
- Be carefully edited and proofread.
- Be sent out regularly, possibly monthly.
As with a blog, the purpose of your e-newsletter should not be to sell but to educate and inform; a landscaping business might provide gardening tips, a restaurant could suggest wine pairings, etc. By all means allow your personality and passion to show through, people will be more likely to identify with you and remember you!
Include links in your e-newsletter to related articles. Leave it to the reader to follow these links or not, as they choose.
Use your website, Facebook page and Twitter to promote your e-newsletter.
Check back next Friday for another Prompt Proofing blog post!About Prompt Proofing
is based in Vancouver, BC, Canada and was officially launched in 2010 by a team of editing and writing professionals who have over 40 years of experience in the education, news media, public relations and recruitment fields. Prompt Proofing prides itself on affordable services delivered with fast turnaround times, without sacrificing quality or accuracy.
Offering content writing, editing and proofreading services, Prompt Proofing takes care of your individual or business content needs. Visit our website for more information at http://www.PromptProofing.com
We offer coupons, news and more through our social media sites:
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
1-888-305-7917Email Us Here