SAN ANTONIO, TX, August 01, 2014 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Stone Oak Orthodontics is proud to announce two new recipients of orthodontic scholarships with the Smile for a Lifetime Foundation. Orthodontist Dr. Robert "Tito" Norris
and his staff will provide full orthodontic treatment for the two individuals who received scholarships. The two recipients were presented with their scholarships at a private ceremony on July 17th, 2014.
"The Smile for a Lifetime Foundation is wonderful to be a part of," said Dr. Norris. "When we get the opportunity to award these scholarships for braces, it's a great experience for all involved."
About Smile for a Lifetime
Smile for a Lifetime
is a charitable, 501(c)3 non-profit organization that provides orthodontic scholarships to individuals whose families cannot afford treatment. The foundation aims to help kids with financial challenges, special situations, and orthodontic needs.
Nationally, Smile for a Lifetime (S4L) provides scholarships for braces and orthodontic care for hundreds of patients each year, and has participating orthodontists throughout the United States. The foundation also has chapters in Canada. Each chapter has its own Board of Directors that chooses the patients to be treated by the foundation.
The guidelines may vary somewhat by chapter, but Stone Oak Orthodontics uses a common set of guidelines as follows:
- Must be a currently enrolled student
- Applicant should demonstrate a positive attitude
- Encouraged to display involvement and leadership in extracurricular activities
- Two letters of recommendation from friends, teachers, coaches, counselors, dentists, etc.
- A photo showing a full smile and the teeth
- Applicants must agree to follow the treatment plan and demonstrate the ability and commitment to make all appointments on time and agree to see their dentist every six months
- Applicants who qualify may be required to submit W2 or other proof of family income
The Board of Directors (not Dr. Norris or his staff) chooses the recipients of the orthodontic scholarships. For more information or to download an application, visit the Stone Oak Orthodontics website at http://stoneoakortho.com
As South Texas' premiere orthodontics practice, Stone Oak Orthodontics has been providing leading-edge orthodontic treatment since 1998. Dr Norris is a diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics and has been a Clinical Associate Professor at the University of Texas Health Science Center. Dr Norris is a published medical author and has lectured throughout the United States and Asia. Dr Norris is a Certified Invisalign provider.
Stone Oak Orthodontics
18720 Stone Oak Parkway, Suite 207
San Antonio TX 78258
Dr Tito Norris
(210) 402-3322Email Us Here