ANAHEIM, CA, May 12, 2014 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Join us for Orange County's premiere Greek Festival, the 2014 OC Greek Fest! Experience the flavors, sights and sounds of Greece and enjoy the very best of Greek food, music, and dancing and culture right here in Orange County.
Try some of the best authentic Greek foods available this side of the Ionian Sea: lamb or chicken kabobs (generous portions of seasoned meat with onion and green pepper slivers grilled on a skewer), grilled lamb dinners, pork or chicken souvlakia (smaller pieces of meat grilled on a skewer), gyro sandwich (a blend of beef and lamb with Mediterranean spices served on warm pita bread and topped with tomatoes, onions and traditional tzatziki sauce (yogurt, cucumber and garlic) sauce; pastitsio (seasoned ground beef and macaroni) and moussaka (seasoned ground beef and eggplant), both topped with a delicious bechamel sauce, Greek-style baked chicken with olive oil, lemon juice and Greek oregano, and a wide variety of Greek mezedes (appetizers) - spanakopita (filo pastry with spinach and feta cheese filing), tiropita (filo pastry with feta cheese filing), dolmathes (marinated grape leaves filled with rice), greek olives, feta cheese, and much, much more.
To quench your thirst, visit our Taverna Opa! and enjoy a wide variety of Greek wines or an authentic Greek beer. Feeling daring? Try a glass of Ouzo (the world famous anise-flavored aperitif) or Metaxa (Greek brandy). Or enjoy a Greek coffee with a homemade sweet.
Have a sweet tooth? Come and taste the homemade delights prepared by members of our community, including: baklava (layers of filo dough filled with chopped walnuts and topped with honey syrup), galactobouriko (creamy custard between layers of filo and covered with honey syrup), karidopita (rich walnut spice cake with a delicate honey syrup), loukoumades (pastry puffs dipped in honey syrup and sprinkled with cinnamon), and Yia-Yia's cookies (delicious baked cookies, filled with Grandma's love), and much, much more.
Live entertainment will be provided by the Olympians & Friends, performing the very best of Greek laika (popular) songs. Church tours and other cultural activities will take place throughout the weekend.
Visit our outdoor agora (marketplace) and view the wide variety of unique jewelry, apparel, accessories, gifts, souvenirs and novelties offered by more than two dozen merchants. Enjoy the Kidz Zone Carnival with its many rides and games sure to entertain and amuse kids of all ages hour after hour.
So come and enjoy a slice of Greece in Orange County. Visit our website at www.ocgreekfest.com
for additional information and $1 admission passes. Check us out on Facebook, and Twitter too!
2014 OC Greek Fest Highlights:
- Live Greek Music featuring the renowned Olympians & Friends
- Special performances by Kosta Antoniatis, one of Las Vegas' finest Greek Entertainers
- Special performances by Nadia, Singer extraordinaire from Las Vegas
- Traditional Greek dance performances daily by our award winning Folk Dance Groups
- Authentic Greek food, appetizers and homemade pastries
- Greek wines, beer, spirits and coffee
- Outdoor marketplace with unique merchandise offerings from dozens of merchants
- Complimentary scheduled guided church tours throughout the weekend
- Kidz Zone Carnival with rides and games for children of all ages
- Cultural activities throughout the weekend
- Grand Drawing; Grand Prize - 55" Smart HK TV w/ Home Theatre Package;
Second Prize - MacBook Pro w/Retina Display; Third Prize - iPad Air w/Wi-Fi; need not be present to win one of dozens of additional prizes available throughout the weekend.
- Regular Admission $3.00 Seniors (65+), children 12 and under and all military, police and fire personnel with proper ID admitted free
- $1 admission with coupon available at www.ocgreekfest.com;
one coupon per person
- Free parking behind Wal-Mart at the Buena Park Mall; free shuttle service to and from the Buena Park Mall to the festival grounds
2014 OC Greek Festival
Friday, May 16th - 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Saturday, May 17th - Noon - 10:00 PM
Sunday, May 18th - Noon - 10:00 PM
On the grounds of St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church, 405 N. Dale Ave., Anaheim, CA 92801
The OC Greek Fest is an annual fundraising event made possible through the combined efforts of the members of the St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church community. St. John the Baptist celebrated its 50th year in Anaheim in 2011. Annual attendance averages well in the excess of 10,000 visitors throughout Southern California area and beyond. Preparations are well under way and we are happy to accommodate media requests.
Thank you and we look forward to you being our guest at the 2014 OC Greek Fest.
Stacy Sotos 714-473-3726
Directions and information: 714-827-0181