FAYETTEVILLE, AR, May 25, 2014 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Six Sigma Development
Solutions Inc. (SSDSI) as a contractor for Northwest Arkansas Community College (NWACC) completed a Lean 5S event
in a tool crib for Superior Industries in Fayetteville Arkansas.
"The 5S event in our tool crib was a great success. We were able to free capacity at our window, allowing our attendants time to better manage our inventory." - Jeremy Jackson, Tool Crib Supervisor at Superior Industries Fayetteville Arkansas.
The Lean 5S event is used to change perception in an organization by changing the way an environment looks and feels. 5S is a great Marketing tool, because it literally transforms an area into a more organized, friendly area. The 5S Methodology is the combination of 5 different "S's", each "S" is a separate part of a 5 day event.
- The 1st "S", Sort is sorting through the contents of the workplace and removing unnecessary items. This is an action to identify and eliminate all unnecessary items from the workplace. Sort gains necessary space.
- The 2nd "S", Set in Order is putting the necessary items in their place and providing easy access. This is an action to put every necessary item in good order, and focuses on efficient and effective storage methods.
- The 3rd "S", Shine is about building the habit and discipline to keep your area clean and organized all throughout the work day. This continuous cleaning and organization is very important in Visually Managing
- The 4th "S", Standardize involves creating visual controls and guidelines for keeping the workplace organized, orderly and clean. This is a condition where a high standard of good housekeeping is maintained.
- The 5th "S", Sustain involves training and discipline to ensure that everyone follows the 5S standards. This is a condition where all members practice the first four S's spontaneously and willingly as a way of life. Accordingly, it becomes the culture in the organization.
Headquartered in Fort Smith, Arkansas, Six Sigma Development Solution Inc. is one of the nation's leading Lean and Six Sigma Training
and Deployment Firms. To learn more about SSDSI, Inc. visit http://www.sixsigmadsi.com
or simply email Kevin Clay at email@example.com
Kevin Clay is a highly skilled Six Sigma instructor
with a breath and depth of experience that is unequal to anyone else in the industry. The tools, examples, class exercises and knowledge Kevin shares during the course on how he routinely solves complex problems for a diverse array of industries is priceless. I highly recommend Kevin Clay to any organization that wants their people trained by the best.