Contact Us

Students Earn Cash by Selling Class Notes at FlashNotes.com

Students at universities across America now have an easy and convenient resource through which to sell their class notes at their own price, FlashNotes.com.
  • <strong>College students using FlashNotes.com to sell and purchase class notes online.</strong>
    AKRON, OH, January 06, 2011 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Students at universities across America now have an easy and convenient resource through which to sell their class notes at their own price, FlashNotes.com.

FlashNotes is a website where students who excel at note taking or at communicating challenging subject matter can upload their class notes for sale. Other students, who possibly missed the class or had a difficult time understanding the material, can download the notes at a cost in preparation for tests and quizzes.

"The first few weeks of the semester are a great time to start selling notes," said Mike Matousek, the 22-year-old founder and CEO of FlashNotes.com. "Many students are just getting used to their classes and could use the extra help along the way."

Seller prices generally range from $1.99 to $38. The average sale is $5.35. Sellers keep 80 percent of their asking price and FlashNotes takes the other 20 percent to cover operating costs.

One university sophomore Jake Miller started uploading notes last year. Through uploading his notes and messaging his classmates he earned $110.

Caleb Dumont, a senior finance major, has earned as much as $130 selling notes from a high-level science course.

"The whole process, from uploading my notes to sending an email to my classmates, took only five minutes," Dumont said. "It's well worth it for the extra cash in hand."

FlashNotes pays sellers through their PayPal accounts every Friday following a sale.

"I realized the need for such a resource while sitting in a statistics class while in college," said Matousek. "There was one student we always copied our notes from. I realized that if I created a central location for this it could benefit students across the nation."

The online study resource is supported by a number of educators, including Tom Hanson, graduate teaching assistant, at an Ohio university.

"There's no substitute for studying, of course, but FlashNotes might help provide another perspective or help supplement course materials to improve the quality of that studying," Hanson said. "It creates a virtual study group."

FlashNotes offers free sign-up to all users, one-third notes view so buyers can assess the quality before purchase, study guides and other study resources.

Students can begin uploading their class notes today at FlashNotes.com. Students can contact FlashNotes at dave@flashnotes.com or visit its Facebook page by searching for FlashNotes.

"This is a great opportunity not only for students to earn extra cash, but to learn valuable entrepreneurial skills," Matousek said. "They can essentially make their own businesses out of it by producing the product and marketing it for sale."

About FlashNotes
Founded in December 2009 by entrepreneur Mike Matousek, FlashNotes.com is leading resource for students to buy and sell class notes, study guides, review sheets and lecture notes. For sellers, FlashNotes provides an easy and convenient arena to reach buyers. It provides an unconventional way to earn extra cash with a low time commitment, as the work is already done, while also providing valuable entrepreneurial skills. For buyers it's a resource to help them learn the class material and improve their grades. FlashNotes has the highest quality notes to ensure study time is efficient and effective. Visit FlashNotes.com for more information.

Media Contact:

Hitchcock Fleming & Associates, Inc.
Katie Greenwald
kgreenwald@teamhfa.com
888-376-7601

Website: http://www.FlashNotes.com


# # #

Read more Press Releases from Katie Greenwald:


Comment on this story...

Share This Story


Email this Story

Contact Information


Katie Greenwald
FlashNotes.com

Akron, Ohio
USA
Voice: 330-376-2111
E-Mail: Email Us Here
Website: Visit Our Website

Like This Story?


I like it! 0

Disclaimer


If you have any questions regarding information in this press release, please contact the person listed in the contact module of this page. Please do not attempt to contact 24-7 Press Release Newswire. We are unable to assist you with any information regarding this release. 24-7 Press Release Newswire disclaims any content contained in this press release. Please see our complete Terms of Service disclaimer for more information.