SAN JOSE, CA, June 09, 2014 /24-7PressRelease/
-- As the first and only content management and collaboration platform that gives teachers control to drive interactive lesson plans, LiberCloud introduces new features to its LiberCanvas app that turn a teacher's tablet into a mini recording studio to record interactive tutorials.
What is LiberCanvas?
It's an app that lets teachers capture everything they write, draw or say, and then share as videos. It is ideal for creating tutorials to demonstrate concepts step-by-step, or to simply annotate web pages or PDF documents using verbal and visual cues -- and is the first of its kind.
What's new with the app?
Previously, LiberCanvas users could exchange files in play mode and read only. Now, users who have the app installed can also edit the files that are exchanged, enhancing the real-time collaboration benefits even more.
Sharing and Sending
At the core of LiberCanvas' value is the ability for teachers to share and send files. The latest release gives even more flexibility to collaborate via the ability to share and send files and assignments through the school's Wi-Fi network using a peer-to-peer method. This means sharing and sending is faster and does not rely on the Internet, allowing students to start on assignments and/or teachers to share a canvas screen in lieu of a projector.
Another new feature
is the ability to share and send canvas files to LiberCloud users through the Internet. This means teachers can share a canvas with users (whether students or other teachers) inside or outside the classroom. It's like sending/exchanging through email but using the sharing capabilities of LiberCloud.
The app's Assign feature allows teachers to give/receive assignments in classrooms and can be uploaded and collated back as LiberCloud assignments
in the main portal.
"We are constantly innovating to ensure a richer communication experience between teachers and students. We've created a new method of communication that is visual, interactive, immediate, and very simple to use. All users need is a tablet or smartphone to create simple mark-ups on web pages / documents to animated interactive tutorials. LiberCanvas is a core component of our LiberCloud platform and is fully integrated. Our customers love it." - Felice Curcelli, CEO & Co-Founder, LiberCloud.
Summary of LiberCanvas features:
- Freehand sketch and write.
- Draw lines, shapes and clip arts.
- Insert text and images, set background.
- Color, fill, resize, rotate, overlay shapes or images, set opacity.
- Record with and without audio, pause, stop, play.
- Zoom in and zoom out, change canvas size.
- Send or assign canvas files to other users on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Email recordings and annotations or post them on Facebook.
- Take a snapshot of canvas content to save in the Photo Library.
- Save canvas files on LiberCloud to share with other users.
- Embed canvas in web pages for anyone to view or play.
- Use app in a classroom setting as a small interactive whiteboard.
Saving and Syncing
- Save canvas files in your device.
- Save files to LiberCloud to store and sync your files on the cloud.
is a cloud-based content management and collaboration platform that gives teachers new flexibility and control to design innovative, interactive, engaging coursework quickly and easily and to improve the learning experience of students. We help teachers be more effective and students learn better.