FORT LAUDERDALE, FL, May 24, 2014 /24-7PressRelease/ -- The Islands of The Bahamas Announces: 10 Islands, 7 World-Famous Underwater Photographers, One week to Shoot.
Alert Diver Magazine is very excited to collaborate with the Grand Bahama Island Tourism Board, Bahama Out Islands Promotion Board, Bahamas Ministry of Tourism and Bahamas Dive Association in creating an event whereby seven highly-qualified and esteemed professional underwater photographers/videographers will travel to the Bahamas May 24th to 31st, 2014. For six days, these seven photographers will photograph a 'week in the underwater life' of the Bahamas covering 10 islands. Each evening the photographers will be uploading content to Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms as well as offering 'live' interactivity with diving consumers around the world.
The Islands of The Bahamas has been voted #1 for Big Animals by Scuba Diving Magazine's Readers over 25 times in a row, and to show the diversity of the diving, this amazing project will showcase all the diversity of the Country!
Photographers/Videographers planned to participate in this amazing event include:
Stephen Frink, Publisher Alert Diver
Grand Bahama Island, Abacos, Bimini, Cat Island
Berkley White, Backscatter.com
Alex Mustard, Amustard.com
Long Island, Conception Island, San Salvador
Eric Cheng, Echeng.com
Nassau/NPI, Harbour Island
Cristian Dimitrius, Writer, Mergulho Brazil Magazine, and shooting video for Brazilian TV distribution. Cristiandimitrius.com
Nassau/NPI, Grand Bahama, Long Island, Conception Island, San Salvador
Adam Hanlon, Wetpixel
Long Island, Conception Island, San Salvador
Abigail Mullens, Wetpixel
Grand Bahama Island, Abacos, Bimini,
Neal Watson, President of the Bahamas Diving Association explains the event: "We were looking for a way to explain the diversity of our dive product, and Stephen Frink is a long time friend of the Bahamas, so it seemed like a natural partnership. Mr. Frink has also graciously allowed all the photos and content that will be published in DAN's Alert Diver magazine to be republished in Mergulho Dive Magazine in Brazil, Tauchen Dive Magazine in Germany and Sport Diver Australia/Asia Dive Magazine covering the Pacific Rim, Australia and Tropical Asia markets. Worldwide coverage of this event, including the social media aspects will run into billions of impressions in 2014/2015."
Many resorts and dive operations are offering their services and facilities to make this ground-breaking event happen in the Bahamas. Without the strategic and financial support of the Grand Bahama Island Tourism Board, Bahama Out Islands Promotion Board, Bahamas Ministry of Tourism and Bahamas Dive Association, this event would not be possible.
Press conferences are planned as follows for this event:
Event Press Conference, Nassau, New Providence, May 22nd, 3pm
Event Kick Off Press Conference, Freeport, Grand Bahama Island, May 23rd, 5pm
Event Closing Press Conference, Alice Town, Bimini May 31st , 5pm
Brendal Stevens, Vice-President of The Bahamas Diving Association offered "We are honored to work with so many great tourism boards, promotion boards and dive association members to make this amazing event possible. Hopefully we will be able to show the true diversity of The Bahamas dive product with this project."
#BahamasDiving #BahamasUnderwaterPhotoWeek #DivingsBetterInTheBahamas
William Cline, for The Bahamas Diving Association, Bahamas Ministry of Tourism Dive Marketing Account. William@WilliamCline.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from William Cline:
- New! Pet Pops Doggie Treats - Fast Food That's Healthy, Clean and Easy to Use for Dogs of All Sizes!
- Discovery Channel's Shark Wrangler Stuart Cove is Proud to Announce the Opening of His Newest Boutique Dive Operation Offering Dives with Tiger Sharks at Tiger Beach, West End, Grand Bahama Island!
- Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas, PADI and the Ralph Erickson Foundation are Proud to Announce the Successful Completion of a Joint Scuba Instructor Course in Nassau, Bahamas
- The Bahamas Diving Association and Bahamas Ministry of Tourism announces the launch of an innovative scuba diving packages and activities booking engine!
- Shark Wrangler, Stuart Cove, featured on ABC's Good Morning America Weekend TV show aired 5/17/09
- Bonaire is Pleased to Announce Insel Air Introduces Non-Stop Flights From Miami to Bonaire!
- Clear Skies, Great Diving and no Hurricanes in Nassau, Bahamas.
- The Bahamas Diving Association and Bahamas Ministry of Tourism announces first ever dive symposium scheduled for June 10th and 11th, Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas.
- The National Park Foundation of Bonaire, STINAPA, unveils a new Website and Communication Tool for the parks on the island.
- New Free Diving record set in The Islands of The Bahamas, with the help of Stella Maris Resort and Reel Divers at Grotto Bay, William Trubridge Makes Free Diving History in Long Island, Bahamas