- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
NEW YORK, NY, May 15, 2017 /24-7PressRelease/ -- The Network Journal (TNJ, TNJ.com), the New York tri-state area's premier quarterly magazine and online business news website for Black professionals, corporate executives and small-business owners, announces the recipients of its 2017 "40 Under Forty" Achievement Awards. The annual award recognizes outstanding young African-Americans who are "Reaching for Higher Goals" in their careers while remaining committed to their community's development.
"As we celebrate the 20th Anniversary of our 40 Under Forty Achievers awards, The Network Journal cherishes its role in recognizing up-and-coming African-American men and women who show promise and commitment in their careers, and as a facilitator to showcase the talents of these professionals to our vast network of corporate affiliations," Aziz Gueye Adetimirin, TNJ publisher, said.
This year's class will be profiled in the SUMMER 2017 issue of TNJ and honored at the 20th Annual "40 Under Forty" Achievement Awards Dinner on Thursday, June 15, 2017, in New York City. The awards dinner, themed "Reaching for Higher Goals," will be co-hosted by Shartia Brantley, Senior Programming Director at Bloomberg LIVE, and Anthony "Tony" Herbert, President and CEO of The NYS Minority Restaurant & Nightlife.
The dinner will be held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Times Square, 1605 Broadway (at 49th Street), from 6:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., and is sponsored by AfricaStrictlyBusiness.com and African American Golfer's Digest. Tickets are $350.00 if purchased on or before June 9th, and $400.00 thereafter. To purchase tickets, please visit http://www.TNJ.com.
TNJ salutes all of the 2017 award recipients:
- Wale Aliyu, Reporter, NBC4 New York
- Melissa A. Anyetei, Partner, Mayer Brown, LLP
- Christian Archbold, CISSP, Vice President, Information Security, BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.
- Keji Ayorinde, Assistant General Counsel, The Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc.
- Isaac O. Babu- Boateng, CEO, Babu Global
- Allen Blount, Esq., Global Risk Manager, Risk & Insurance, S&P Global
- Haydee C. Brown, M.D., Owner, Founding Member, Haydee C Brown MD, PLLC
- Hon. JaDawnya C. Butler, Judge, Municipal Court of Atlanta, Fulton County
- Chalon N. Clark, Esq., Partner, Husch & Blackwell, LLC
- Bernard C. Coleman III, Global Head of Diversity and Inclusion, Uber Technologies, Inc.
- Michael T. Conner, Chief Academic Officer, Norwalk Public Schools
- Jumoke K. Dada, Principal, Signature RED, LLC
- Jermaine Daw, Director, HR Business Partner, NBA
- Ryan T. Emmanuel-Cooke, Founding Principal, P.S. 360Q
- LaToya J. Finney, Director, Apollo Global Management, LLC
- Germeen Y. Greene, Internal Audit Manager, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
- Vanessa B. Griffith, M.D., Pediatric Hospitalist, Cohen's Children's Medical Center of Northwell Health System
- Haywood Hawthorne, Vice President of Manufacturing Operations and Information Technology, Golden Krust Caribbean Bakery & Grill
- Lawanda N. Hodges, Esq., Managing Attorney, The Law Firm of Lawanda Hodges, LLC
- Aubreana Stephenson Holder, Chief Operating Officer, Federal Management Systems, Inc.
- Damien Hooper-Campbell, Vice President, Chief Diversity Officer, eBay, Inc.
- Drena Howard, Director, Global Retail EHS, The Estee Lauder Companies, Inc.
- Ezinne Kwubiri, Director, Global Business Services, Change Management, Viacom Media Networks
- Kia J. Lowe, Assistant Vice President, Sephora Marketing, Lancôme
- Clarence A. Nesbitt Jr., Director, Global Brand Business Affairs, Nike, Inc.
- Kristian Buchanan Newman, Vice President, Partnerships & Advancement, National Urban League
- Brian Nixon, Partner, Loeb & Loeb, LLP
- Moya M. O'Connor, Esq., Trial Counsel, Liberty Mutual Insurance
- Jason Pernell, Worldwide Director of Digital Sales, Digital Network Architecture, Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Rhys W. Powell, Founder & CEO, Red Rabbit, LLC
- Melissa Proctor, Chief Marketing Officer, Atlanta Hawks & Philips Arena
- Tiffany Raspberry, President, YorkGroup Associates, LLC
- Philip Rigueur, Vice President, Head of Joint Venture Markets, Sales Effectiveness and Distribution, Aetna, Inc.
- Rendel Solomon, Principal, Muller & Monroe Asset Management, LLC
- Kenny D. Thompson Jr., Senior Director, Government and External Affairs, PepsiCo
- Catherine Toppin, Esq., Sr. Patent Counsel and Manager, General Electric Corporation
- Chike Ukaegbu, Founder/Lead Executive, Startup52
- Lawrence Terrell Washington Jr., Lead Underwriter, Freddie Mac
- Natasha R. Williams, Managing Partner, N-Touch Strategies
- Paula Wood, Senior Advisor to the CEO and President, WOOD Consulting Services, Inc.
About the "40 Under Forty"
TNJ created the 40 Under Forty Achievement Awards in 1997 to recognize young African-Americans who have proven to be exceptional performers in their industry and committed contributors to the advancement of their community. The program is designed to promote mentorship and professional development for these next-generation leaders by introducing them to the established business community as role models for young African-Americans. For more information on TNJ's 40 Under Forty Achievement Awards, visit http://www.tnj.com, or contact Briana J. Binda at 212-962-3791 x206, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Network Journal
Founded in 1993, The Network Journal (TNJ) is the premier quarterly magazine for Black professionals, corporate executives and small-business owners. Engaging more than 98,325 readers, TNJ is dedicated to connecting, empowering and inspiring this market segment by providing news and commentary on issues that affect the growth of businesses and the advancement of professionals in the workplace. Along with featuring successful entrepreneurs and professionals who offer insights on business and career-building strategies, TNJ highlights trends in key industries, providing information on resources and opportunities at the corporate, government, and not-for-profit levels. Each issue also includes articles on finance and economy, career, management, health and fitness, technology, global business, Africa, and book reviews, as well as a calendar of events.
Press Contact: Briana J. Binda, The Network Journal, 212-962-3791 x206, email@example.com
# # #