NEW YORK, NY, November 14, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/ -- On Monday, December 9, 2013 stars from your favorite Broadway shows will perform a one-night-only New York concert event to benefit Shriners Hospitals for Children. The show begins at 7pm at the beautiful and historic Grand Lodge Masonic Hall located in the heart of Manhattan at 23rd Street and 6th Avenue.
Award-winning Broadway leading lady Donna Kane (Les Miserables, Meet Me In St. Louis), whose own daughter was successfully treated with innovative spine surgery at Shriners Hospitals for Children, will host the concert. With musical supervision by Mark Hartman (Avenue Q, Sondheim on Sondheim), the concert will include performances of popular show tunes and holiday classics.
The show will feature special guest star Stephanie Mills, Grammy winner and Broadway's original Dorothy from The Wiz.
Stars scheduled to appear include:
• Donna Kane (Les Miserables, Meet Me In St. Louis)
• Julia Murney (Wicked, Wild Party, Landings)
• Annie Golden (Hair, Orange is the New Black)
• Kirsten Wyatt (Annie, Grease)
• Kathleen Elizabeth Monteleone (Hands on a Hardbody, You're The One that I Want)
• Georga Osborne ( Mac Award winner)
• Marsh Hanson (Les Miserables)
• Ciaran Sheehan (Phantom of the Opera)
• Michael Halling (Tale of Two Cities, Giant)
• Barry Banks (Metropolitan Opera)
• Patrick Cummings (Jack, New Girl in Town)
• Jim Newman (Village People, Sunset Boulevard)
• Special Guest: Stephanie Mills (Grammy Award winner, The Wiz)
For tickets and information, please visit: http://www.broadwaylovesshriners.com or call 800-838-3006.
"I am elated to be able to show my appreciation to Shriners Hospital by hosting this very special event for the third year," says Donna Kane. "To have these wonderful performers gather together for such a special cause is a real testament to the generosity of the Broadway community."
All proceeds from the concert will benefit ongoing research in spinal nerve regeneration at Shriners Hospitals Pediatric Research Center in Philadelphia, providing important opportunities for the design and delivery of treatments to restore movement to children paralyzed by spinal cord injury.
Shriners Hospitals for Children is changing lives every day through innovative pediatric specialty care, world-class research and outstanding medical education. Our 22 facilities, located in the United States, Canada and Mexico, provide advanced care for children with orthopaedic conditions, burns, spinal cord injuries, and cleft lip and palate.
Shriners Hospitals for Children is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and relies on the generosity of donors. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law.
# # #