STRONGSVILLE, OH, September 19, 2010 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Occasionally there is a need to separate two objects bonded with LIQUID NAILS Adhesive, such as two boards, two bricks, or in some cases, two fingers.
Here are some tips for getting out of the stickiest situations. LIQUID NAILS Adhesive is designed for durable bonding - this isn't supposed to be easy.
How to Remove LIQUID NAILS Adhesive from Skin
First, check to see if the adhesive is solvent- or latex-based.
For Solvent-Based Adhesive:
- Gently rub petroleum jelly, vegetable or mineral oil onto the skin. Repeat applications may be needed.
- Remove any contaminated clothing and be sure to wash before wearing it again.
For Latex-Based Adhesive:
- Wash thoroughly with soap and water.
How to Remove LIQUID NAILS Adhesive from Building Materials
What you'll need:
- Windshield Cut-Out Wire (also called music wire), available at most automotive parts stores
- Safety gloves and/or handles for the wire to keep hands from being cut
- Safety goggles or a face shield
- Two screwdrivers to prop parts into an open position
- Wire cutters
What you'll do:
- Cut a length of wire about two or three feet longer than the width of the part to be removed.
- Starting at one corner, work the middle of the wire under the edge of the part. Connect the handles to the wire, if you are using handles. If not, be sure to wear heavy safety gloves to protect your hands.
- Saw back and forth with the wire, using moderate pressure. This should start cutting the adhesive. After a few inches have been cut, use the screwdrivers to prop open the gap. This is done to prevent thermoplastic adhesives from re-adhering, which can happen as friction causes significant warming of the adhesive.
- Continue sawing, moving the screwdrivers as you go. Continue until the part is loose and can be removed.
- Scrape away residual adhesive. If the adhesive is too hard to scrape, apply a light layer of baby oil to the adhesive, wait an hour, then scrape. Repeat if necessary. NOTE: Do not use baby oil or any other softening material if painting of the surface is planned, as it may stain.
Visit the LIQUID NAILS Adhesive
website to play the LIQUID NAILS Brand extreme temperature Subfloor and Deck Construction Adhesive Treasure Hunt and be entered to win the Grand Prize: The Ultimate Jobsite Package. Or, users could instantly win a LIQUID NAILS Adhesive Builder's Combo Pack.
About LIQUID NAILS Adhesive
Since 1962, the LIQUID NAILS Adhesive brand has offered a full-line of construction adhesives and caulks to do-it-yourselfers and professionals. Part of AkzoNobel and its U.S. Decorative Paints business, LIQUID NAILS Adhesive is available in home improvement retail stores and commercial distributor locations nationwide. For more information, visit the Web site at www.liquidnails.com
or contact the help line at 1-800-634-0015.
AkzoNobel is proud to be one of the world's leading industrial companies. Based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, we make and supply a wide range of paints, coatings and specialty chemicals - 2009 revenue totaled EUR13.9 billion. In fact, we are the largest global paints and coatings company. As a major producer of specialty chemicals we supply industries worldwide with quality ingredients for life's essentials. We think about the future, but act in the present. We're passionate about introducing new ideas and developing sustainable answers for our customers. That's why our 54,000 employees - who are based in more than 80 countries - are committed to excellence and delivering Tomorrow's Answers Today.
About AkzoNobel's U.S. Decorative Paints Business (Akzo Nobel Paints LLC)
Within its U.S. paints business, Akzo Nobel Paints LLC produces a portfolio of well respected brands, including Glidden, Glidden Professional, The Freshaire Choice, Ralph Lauren Paint, Devoe
and Martha Stewart Living
paints; Flood, Sikkens and Synteko
wood care products; plus Liquid Nails Adhesives
and caulks. Products are sold through company stores, national/retail outlets, distributors and independent dealers in the United States and Puerto Rico and are exported internationally.
For more information
Hitchcock Fleming & Associates, Inc.
Assistant Account Manager
LIQUID NAILS Adhesive
888.376.7601Email Us Here