LANCASTER, PA, November 16, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Holiday shopping for someone with a disability, a veteran or someone aging-in-place just got easier with the Holiday Gift Guide
from United Disabilities Services. The Holiday Gift Guide is a free, online guide filled with a collection of accessibility and mobility products.
Gift giving ideas range from an oversized deck of cards for those with visual impairments to a wheelchair driven car. Additional accessibility gifts include bathroom modification items like barrier-free showers, grab bars and shower seats.
"We have compiled a guide full of gifts that are specifically designed for those with mobility and accessibility challenges," noted Deb Showalter, Marketing Specialist at United Disabilities Services. "We have included items from our home modifications eStore as well as other products that are unusual and fun."
The Holiday Gift Guide
includes items like:
- The Kenguru: a car that can be driven in a wheelchair
- Caregiver Half-Height Doors: allows for water containment in the shower while keeping the caregiver dry
- A Computer Keyboard Aid: helps to accurately depress keys on the keyboard
- Grab Bars and Shower Seats: help in shower accessibility and mobility
- The Stockton Doored Bathtub: a side access bathtub that enables easy entry
- Stairlifts and Platform Lifts: aids in mobility from floor to floor.
Selecting a gift in the disability products category can be a bit daunting at times and often the gift giver isn't certain that the product is the right one. To help with the uncertainty, the UDS eStore platform offers a Wish List function where individuals can build a wish list of products. In addition, gift certificates are available from the eStore in any dollar amount desired.
United Disabilities Services has years of experience in helping people with disabilities, veterans and those aging-in-place to create individualized design solutions for home modifications. Products can be found at http://estore.udservices.org
and the UDS Home Modifications team can be reached at 1-888-428-0240.