- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
ALPINE, UT, May 23, 2012 /24-7PressRelease/ -- After five years of research in 35 different organizations and across 13 different industries, Dr. Timothy R. Clark and team announce the release of their highly anticipated book, The Employee Engagement Mindset.
The Employee Engagement Mindset represents a radical break from the traditional paradigm of employee engagement. The first question the authors asked was: "Who owns employee engagement?" More than half of the leaders surveyed said the organization does. But 100% of the highly engaged employees said they owned their own engagement. "This is an amazing finding," says Clark, "and it prompted us to do the research for this book."
What are the factors that create a highly engaged employee, and how do you become one?
Clark and team found that highly engaged employees share patterns of thinking and behavior that every employee can follow to increase personal engagement and contribution. Highly engaged employees share six behavioral drivers:
1. Connecting: Participating in activities that produce a high "return on connection."
2. Shaping: Seizing opportunities to customize your professional experience.
3. Learning: Becoming a self-directed learner and learning at or above the speed of change.
4. Stretching: Moving out of your comfort zone and going to your outer limits.
5. Achieving: Regenerating through the intrinsic rewards of meaningful achievement.
6. Contributing: Directing effort beyond self to create growth in others and value in the organization.
Today, organizations suffer from a disengagement epidemic with 75% of all employees not fully engaged. Yet in most cases the boss can't fix it. Why? Because high engagement is a choice. It's a mindset.
About The Authors
Timothy R. Clark is CEO of TRClark, an international consulting and training organization and a leading authority on leadership and engagement. He earned a doctorate from Oxford University. Co-authors of The Employee Engagement Mindset include Conrad Gottfredson, Kendall Lyman, Shane Cragun, Scott Savage, Mike Baer, Tobias Kiefer and Alistair Aitchison.
TRClark is a management consulting and training organization with special emphasis in change management, leadership development, strategy and employee engagement. For further information, please visit us at www.trclark.net or call us at 801-763-0640.
# # #