ROCHESTER, NY, June 10, 2014 /24-7PressRelease/
-- One of the nation's biggest music events begins June 20th. The 13th Edition of the Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival
(XRIJF) will deliver nine days of exceptional creative improvised music at 325+ concerts with 1500+ artists from around the world June 20-28.
Headlining this year are Steve Martin & the Steep Canyon Rangers featuring Edie Brickell, Earth, Wind and Fire, Janelle Monae, Fourplay, Michael McDonald and six-time Grammy winner and American Blues guitarist Buddy Guy.
The lineup also features Roberta Gambarini, Cecile McLorin Salvant, Bill Frisell's Guitars in the Space Age, Snarky Puppy, Catherine Russell, Vijay Iyer, Jason Marsalis Vibes Quartet, Roy Hargrove, Dianne Schuur, Lucky Peterson, Norma Winstone Trio, Lou Gramm, Cecile McLorin Salvant, Cyrille Aimee, Roy Hargrove, Phaedra Kwant, Melissa Aldana & Crash Trio, Laila Biali, Jacob Young & Trygve Seim + Marcin Wasilewski Trio, Peter Bernstein & Friends, Hot Club of Detroit, Les Doigts de L'Homme, Susanna, Newport Jazz Festival: Now 60, and many more.
Headlining the festival's more than 75 free shows on six outdoor stages
are Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Lou Gramm, Marcus Miller Band, Soulive and George Thorogood and the Destroyers.
See the full lineup
The festival is presented at 20 venues
, all within walking distance.
With one of the nation's most extensive international festival lineups
- including two international series, Made in the UK and Nordic Jazz Now - artists will come from 19 countries including the U.S. Canada, Aruba, Cuba, Brazil, South Africa, Japan, Italy, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway, England, Scotland, France, Mali, Israel, Netherlands and Poland.
More festival highlights:
- 5-day free jazz workshop at Eastman School of Music
for young music students
- Four shows being recorded live by WXXI TV
for future broadcast on PBS stations
- Jam Sessions at the Rochester Plaza Hotel
, free, nightly from 10:30 p.m.
- Live 25ft "Veggies Rock" painting being done by Eric Waugh on stage during Lou Gramm Concert - 9:00PM June 21 FREE!
- Democrat and Chronicle
Social Media Cafe
Tickets & Information
, download the festival app
XRIJF was founded in 2002 and is produced by John Nugent, Artistic Director and Marc Iacona, Executive Director.