October 08, 2012
Roberts Law Group, PLLC, Offers Experienced Criminal Defense for Those Arrested at a DWI Checkpoint
-- Fighting a drunk driving charge starts with an aggressive criminal defense strategy. --
WILMINGTON, NC, October 08, 2012 /24-7PressRelease/ -- North Carolina law enforcement officers are authorized by law to set up motor vehicle checkpoints to determine whether drivers are driving while intoxicated or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. But, just because law enforcement can legally conduct DWI checkpoints doesn't mean that the procedures followed are always legal.
At Roberts Law Group, PLLC, in Wilmington, our criminal defense attorneys work with individuals arrested on suspicion of DWI at a driver's license checkpoint or DWI roadblock. We have successfully handled DWI checkpoint cases, getting charges reduced or dismissed because there was not enough evidence to support a DWI conviction or because law enforcement did not act within the scope of their authority in making an arrest at a DWI checkpoint.
A successful DWI defense strategy includes considering whether the DWI checkpoint itself was legal, whether the police officer who made the arrest had the authority to do so in the jurisdiction where you were arrested, whether a search was conducted without probable cause or reasonable suspicion in violation of the Constitution and whether any field sobriety tests were properly administered, among others.
Getting drunk driving charges related to an arrest at a North Carolina DWI checkpoint dismissed is our first goal for all of our DWI defense clients. Depending on the facts of your case, that may or may not be an option. If it is not, we work toward minimizing the consequences of a DWI conviction, negotiating for a lesser charge or a lesser sentence.
If you have been arrested at a DWI checkpoint in Wilmington, New Hanover County or elsewhere in North Carolina, you do have rights. Visit http://www.wilimingtonlawteam.com to learn more about Roberts Law Group, PLLC, and our experience in handling DWI cases throughout the state. We offer a free, same day consultation in all criminal defense matters.
For more information about Roberts Law Group, PLLC, please visit our Wilmington criminal defense website and criminal defense blog. Ryan Stump is a criminal defense attorney who defends against sex crime charges, DWI charges and abuse charges, among others in New Hanover County. To contact criminal lawyer Ryan Stump, please contact the law firm or call 800-547-2016 for a free consultation. Roberts Law Group, PLLC, can also be followed on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/nc.criminal.defense.
# # #
Read more Press Releases from Patrick Roberts:
- Wilmington Sex Crimes Lawyer Ryan Stump Earns Dismissal of Forcible Sex Offense Charge
- North Carolina Defense Lawyer Ryan Stump Gets On-Post DWI Charge Dismissed
- Wilmington Financial Crimes Defense Lawyer Ryan Stump Helped Client Avoid Jail Time in Felony Embezzlement Case
- Embezzlement in North Carolina Can Get You In Criminal Trouble With The State Or The Feds
- Criminal Defense Lawyer Patrick Roberts Was Recently Named One Of The Top 100 Trial Lawyers In North Carolina By The National Trial Lawyers
- Drinking and Driving Under 21 in North Carolina Can Mean Serious Trouble
- Trading Before Heinz Buyout Triggers SEC Investigation
- Roberts Law Group, PLLC, Welcomes Raleigh Attorney Nick Clifford To Its North Carolina Criminal Defense Practice
- Security Settings in File-Sharing Software May Lead to Unintended Sharing of Child Pornography
- Downloading Adult Porn In Bulk Can Get You in Trouble With Child Porn
Press Release Contact Information:
Roberts Law Group, PLLC
DWI Defense Attorneys
5725 Oleander Drive
United States 28403
E-Mail: Email us Here
Website: Visit Our Website
This News Release can be viewed online at: http://www.24-7pressrelease.com