November 30, 2012
HIA-LI Event Focuses on Challenges Facing Women Long Island Business Leaders; Opening Remarks by US Senator Kirsten Gillibrand
-- Long Island business leaders Shybunko-Moore, Heaviside, Moran, Raghavan and Siegfried discuss unique challenges facing women in the workplace; Friday, December 7, 2012, 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM; Direct Buy of Long Island, 20 Oser Avenue, Hauppauge, NY. --
HAUPPAUGE, NY, November 30, 2012 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Long Island women business leaders from growing businesses, non-profits and government agencies will have an opportunity to hear from their peers about a number of important topics affecting their lives, careers and businesses next week. Access to business capital and credit, life and work balance, equality in the workplace, childcare, mentoring and finding the right fit are among the subjects to be discussed during a special Executive Breakfast event hosted by HIA-LI, the recognized voice for business on Long Island, on Friday, December 7, 2012, from 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM at Direct Buy of Long Island, 20 Oser Avenue, Hauppauge, NY. More information and registration is available at http://hia-li.org/calendarDetails.cfm?eventID=1721.
The event will open with a presentation from US Senator Kirsten Gillibrand. Panelists include: Katherine Heaviside, President, Epoch 5 Public Relations; Domenique Camacho Moran, Partner, Farrell Fritz, PC; Pravina Raghavan, District Director, New York Office, Small Business Administration; and Angelique Siegfried, Director, Business Tax Services, Deloitte. The discussion will be moderated by Anne Shybunko-Moore, President, GSE Dynamics.
"HIA-LI is dedicated to hosting events like this for Long Island women business leaders to foster an environment for discussing critical issues affecting their lives and careers," said HIA-LI President Terri Alessi-Miceli. "Once again, we have brought together some of the best and brightest women in the region to provide their insights and perspectives."
Women-owned businesses in the US number more than 10 million firms and employ more than 13 million workers, generating nearly $2 trillion in sales. These are some of the numbers detailing the strength of women-owned businesses.
The event is sponsored by Farrell Fritz, PC; Direct Buy; Factxback.com; and Stony Brook University.
HIA-LI helps Long Island businesses prosper. For over 30 years, we have been the recognized voice for business on Long Island and a powerful force and economic engine for regional development. We provide a forum for business leaders to network, problem solve and obtain advice on critical issues facing their businesses. Our member companies represent tens of thousands of business professionals. We're headquartered in and support one of the largest industrial parks in the United States. HIA-LI programs and events promote strategic partnerships, targeted networking, and information sharing and business advocacy. Members benefit from our committees, educational programs, career resources, research capabilities, mentoring opportunities and business advisory services. For more information, visit http://www.HIA-LI.org or call 631-543-5355.
Terri Alessi-Miceli, 631-543-5355, firstname.lastname@example.org
Arthur Germain, Communication Strategy Group; 1-866-997-2424; email@example.com
# # #
Read more Press Releases from Arthur Germain:
- HIA-LI 25th Annual Trade Show and Conference Proving Big Draw for Long Island Businesses, Announces Specialty Pavilions, Seminars
- Suffolk County IDA to Sponsor HIA-LI 25th Annual Trade Show and Conference; Introduces Innovation Pavilion
- Marketing Made Simple TV Rings in the New Year with New Guests, New Formats
- ICC Identifies Top Five Reasons Big Data Means Big Business in 2013
- Long Island Small Businesses Expect to Hold Onto Cash as Sales Rise This Quarter
- Marketing Made Simple TV Warms Up the Fall with Hot Show Guests
- Marketing Made Simple TV Announces Stellar Guest Lineup
- HIA-LI Names Winners of HIA-LI 18th Annual Business Achievement Awards
- Marketing Made Simple TV Achieves Sponsorship, Viewership Milestones
- Leading Long Island CEO to Deliver Opening Remarks at HIA-LI 18th Annual Business Achievement Awards Gala Event; CEO Roundtable with Suffolk County IDA to Precede Event
Press Release Contact Information:
Communication Strategy Group
225 Wireless Blvd. Suite 101
E-Mail: Email us Here
Website: Visit Our Website
This News Release can be viewed online at: http://www.24-7pressrelease.com