December 30, 2012
New York, Christopher Flach's Film, "Madeleine Castaing," Pays Homage at Anna Sui's Soho Shop
-- New York, Christopher Flach's documentary film, "Madeleine Castaing," available through Anna Sui's Soho Shop. --
NEW YORK, NY, December 30, 2012 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Introducing Christopher Flach's documentary film, "Madeleine Castaing," by Anna Sui, is an homage to the French designer. According to Anna Sui, Madeleine Castaing, was a significant influence for her Fashion Week show at the Lincoln Square theater in New York City this year.
About Anna Sui
Anna Sui, is an American fashion designer. She is one of the most celebrated names in fashion history, known for her timeless designs and ability to transcend eras with historical and culturally inspired collections. She was named one of the "Top 5 Fashion Icons of the Decade."
Christopher was born in New York City, he received a Bachelor of Fine Arts, from Marietta College and a PhD in Psychology from Saybrook Institute in San Francisco, California. After co-founding Martha Angus Inc. and Angus Caravelli Inc., he relocated to New York City, where he is currently based. As an Artist, Christopher's work has been exhibited in galleries, and museums aside artists as Ed Ruscha, Kiki Smith, John Baldessari and Pat Steir. His work has been featured in numerous publications such as, Russian Vogue, and Elle Decor. Christopher has participated in several film festivals including the Best in New Media Film Festival (Los Angeles) in 2011. In 2012, his artwork was published in the The New York Times, hosted in a group exhibition at Cheim & Read Gallery, sold at Christie's Auction House, and is currently on exhibit at the Gerald Bland Gallery - the "Destination for Fine Arts & Antiques" - Miles Redd, courtesy of the New York Times, 2012.
About Gerald Bland
Established in 1987, Gerald Bland Inc. caters to an international clientele and design elite. From a specialty in 18th Century decorative arts, the inventory has evolved to its current mix which now includes 20th Century selections as well as new, custom designs. One of a kind pieces, created by melding antique and contemporary elements together, are also on offer alongside a collection of fine art. The carefully curated collection ranges from late 17th Century to the 21st Century with a hand-chosen group of contemporary artists exhibiting in the gallery.
For commission requests, or to purchase works please contact The Gerald Bland Gallery directly.
Gerald Bland Inc.
1262 Madison Ave
New York, NY 10128
For film requests, please contact the Anna Sui Showroom directly: http://www.annasui.com/ or http://www.MadeleineCastaing.com
# # #
Read more Press Releases from Christopher Flach:
- New York City//Christopher Flach Exhibits Large-Scale Painting Work at the National Academy Museum of Art 2013
- New York Times Designer Miles Redd Spots Christopher Flach's Painting at Gerald Bland's Upper East Side Gallery
- Christopher Flach's Artwork on Auction at Christie's New York 2012
- Christopher Flach's Artwork is Featured in the 14th Annual Edge Benefit for Visual Aids
- Christopher Flach's Film Olek "Bad Artists Imitate, Great Artists Steal"
- Cesis, Latvia - Summer 2011 - Christopher Flach, Filmmaker and Artist is Featured in the 2011 Cesis Festival
- Christopher Flach Published in House Beautiful - May 2011 - New York City
- Christopher Flach's Photography in the Spring 2010 Issue of San Francisco Magazine
- San Francisco - Christopher Flach Participates in "Roll Call" a Group Photographic Exhibition in Conjunction with the work of Jennifer Karady and Christopher Sims at SFCamerawork
- San Francisco - Spring 2010 - Christopher Flach Photography - Portrait of a Flower - San Francisco Decorator Showcase Will Run From Saturday, May 1 Through Monday, May 25
Press Release Contact Information:
Christopher Flach LLC
New York, NY
E-Mail: Email us Here
Website: Visit Our Website
This News Release can be viewed online at: http://www.24-7pressrelease.com