January 02, 2013
Wake County DWI Defense Lawyer Jesse Scharff, of Roberts Law Group, PLLC, Gets Underage Driver Charged With Drunk Driving a Second Chance at a Clean Record
Roberts Law Group, PLLC
-- North Carolina drunk driving defense lawyer Jesse Scharff secures a prayer for judgment for driver under 21 charged with drinking and driving. --
RALEIGH, NC, January 02, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Understanding the difficulty of securing a prayer for judgment in an underage DWI case, Wake County DWI defense lawyer Jesse Scharff tirelessly pursued the best interests of his client and secured a second chance at a clean criminal record for his client.
In thise DWI case, the underage driver blew a .05 on a portable breath test. North Carolina maintains a zero-tolerance policy for underage drinking; despite blowing under a .08 - the legal limit for adults - the individual was charged with driving while impaired (DWI).
If convicted, the young adult was facing up to six months in jail, fines, driving sanctions, a 150 percent increase in auto insurance premiums and a permanent blemish on his criminal record. Based on his experience defending those accused of impaired driving in North Carolina, Raleigh DWI defense lawyer Jesse Scharff knew that it would be difficult to secure a prayer for judgment continued (PJC) on the client's behalf in Wake County. Judges here typically do not grant a PJC on this charge if the defendant has blown over a .04.
Nevertheless, Scharff pressed for the best possible outcome for the underage driver. A PJC would allow the young adult to plead guilty to the DWI offense without suffering the penalties. In this case, the driver had already taken the initiative to take remedial steps after the drunk driving arrest and Scharff was able to submit evidence of this to the judge in favor of the granting of a PJC.
After a year of good behavior, the PJC was entered, according to court documents. The now 21-year-old driver was able to avoid a lifetime with a drunk driving conviction. He had to pay court costs, but was saved additional fines, insurance rate increases and points on his driver's license.
At Roberts Law Group, PLLC, our criminal defense attorneys fight for the rights of the accused throughout North Carolina. With offices in Raleigh, Wilmington and Charlotte, our experienced lawyers offer a free initial consultation to anyone facing criminal charges including drunk driving, sex offenses, drug crimes, white collar crimes or other felony or misdemeanor in the North Carolina state or federal criminal justice system. When experience counts, put Roberts Law Group on your side.
For more information about Roberts Law Group, PLLC, please visit the firm's criminal defense website and criminal defense blog. Jesse Scharff is a skilled criminal attorney who defends against sex crime charges, DWI charges, assault charges and others in Wake County and the surrounding areas. To contact criminal lawyer Jesse Scharff, please contact the law firm online via our website or call 866-630-2389 for a free consultation.
# # #
Read more Press Releases from Patrick Roberts:
- Wilmington Sex Crimes Lawyer Ryan Stump Earns Dismissal of Forcible Sex Offense Charge
- North Carolina Defense Lawyer Ryan Stump Gets On-Post DWI Charge Dismissed
- Wilmington Financial Crimes Defense Lawyer Ryan Stump Helped Client Avoid Jail Time in Felony Embezzlement Case
- Embezzlement in North Carolina Can Get You In Criminal Trouble With The State Or The Feds
- Criminal Defense Lawyer Patrick Roberts Was Recently Named One Of The Top 100 Trial Lawyers In North Carolina By The National Trial Lawyers
- Drinking and Driving Under 21 in North Carolina Can Mean Serious Trouble
- Trading Before Heinz Buyout Triggers SEC Investigation
- Roberts Law Group, PLLC, Welcomes Raleigh Attorney Nick Clifford To Its North Carolina Criminal Defense Practice
- Security Settings in File-Sharing Software May Lead to Unintended Sharing of Child Pornography
- Downloading Adult Porn In Bulk Can Get You in Trouble With Child Porn
Press Release Contact Information:
Roberts Law Group, PLLC
203 W. Millbrook Road Suite 200
E-Mail: Email us Here
Website: Visit Our Website
This News Release can be viewed online at: http://www.24-7pressrelease.com