January 07, 2013
DWI Dismissed, Remaining Gun Charge Under Appeal by Raleigh DWI and Criminal Defense Lawyer Jesse Scharff of Roberts Law Group, PLLC
Roberts Law Group, PLLCRoberts Law Group, PLLC
-- Attorney Jesse Scharff successfully argues for dismissal of drunk driving charge after highway altercation leads to police involvement. --
RALEIGH, NC, January 07, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/ -- North Carolina criminal defense attorney Jesse Scharff convinced the judge in a DWI case that his client was not properly tested for impairment by the arresting officer, resulting in dismissal of the drunk driving charge after a pretrial hearing.
In this DWI case, the accused drunk driver had gotten into an altercation with another driver on the highway. During the course of the scuffle, he felt threatened to the point that he found it necessary to brandish his weapon.
Police became involved and arrested the man. He was later charged with driving while impaired and a weapons charge called "go armed to the terror of the public." While any criminal charge can be a frightening experience, this particular defendant was concerned with the impact of a DWI conviction. His wife was sick and he had to maintain his driving privileges in order to care for her.
DWI defense lawyer Jesse Scharff was able to successfully argue for dismissal of the DWI charge. According to court documents, Scharff submitted a pretrial motion asserting that the field sobriety testing that occurred was insufficient or improper and should not be allowed to form the basis of a driving while impaired conviction. The judge agreed, dismissing the DWI charge because law enforcement had not properly performed tests to determine impairment.
The "go armed" charge is currently on appeal. The judge found the client guilty on this count.
At Roberts Law Group, PLLC, our criminal defense attorneys fight for the rights of the accused throughout North Carolina. With offices in Raleigh, Wilmington and Charlotte, our experienced lawyers offer a free initial consultation to anyone facing criminal charges including drunk driving, sex offenses, drug crimes, white collar crimes or other felony or misdemeanor in the North Carolina state or federal criminal justice system . When experience counts, put Roberts Law Group on your side.
For more information about Roberts Law Group, PLLC, please visit the firm's criminal defense website and criminal defense blog. Jesse Scharff is a skilled criminal attorney who defends against sex crime charges, DWI charges, assault charges and others in Wake County and the surrounding areas. To contact criminal lawyer Jesse Scharff, please contact the law firm online via our website or call 866-630-2389 for a free consultation.
# # #
Read more Press Releases from Patrick Roberts:
- North Carolina Defense Lawyer Ryan Stump Gets On-Post DWI Charge Dismissed
- Wilmington Financial Crimes Defense Lawyer Ryan Stump Helped Client Avoid Jail Time in Felony Embezzlement Case
- Embezzlement in North Carolina Can Get You In Criminal Trouble With The State Or The Feds
- Criminal Defense Lawyer Patrick Roberts Was Recently Named One Of The Top 100 Trial Lawyers In North Carolina By The National Trial Lawyers
- Drinking and Driving Under 21 in North Carolina Can Mean Serious Trouble
- Trading Before Heinz Buyout Triggers SEC Investigation
- Roberts Law Group, PLLC, Welcomes Raleigh Attorney Nick Clifford To Its North Carolina Criminal Defense Practice
- Security Settings in File-Sharing Software May Lead to Unintended Sharing of Child Pornography
- Downloading Adult Porn In Bulk Can Get You in Trouble With Child Porn
- Attorney Patrick Roberts of Roberts Law Group, PLLC, Recently Attended The White Collar Criminal Defense College At Stetson University
Press Release Contact Information:
Roberts Law Group, PLLC
203 W. Millbrook Road Suite 200
E-Mail: Email us Here
Website: Visit Our Website
This News Release can be viewed online at: http://www.24-7pressrelease.com