Atlanta Auto Accident Attorneys, McAleer Law, Discuss Risks in Winter Driving and How They Can Help -- Winter brings many driving hazards, and the unexpected snow and ice in Atlanta that has occurred over the past few years has resulted in an increase in automobile accidents. When unfamiliar, drivers find the conditions difficult to handle. --
NORCROSS, GA, January 08, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/ -- With more and more car accidents occurring at the hand of mother nature, it is becoming more common that people seek the services of Atlanta auto accident attorneys.
What Makes Driving in Winter Difficult
Winter brings its own problems that make driving difficult, even for experienced drivers.
- Snow, sleet and ice on the roads create slippery conditions. There is an increased risk of skidding and losing control.
- Breakdowns are common if the vehicle is not prepared for winter conditions.
- Fog causes low visibility.
You can make your trips safer by doing the following:
- Check all your fluid levels, such as anti-freeze, oil, brake fluid and windshield washer.
- Keep the gas tank full as far as possible.
- Check your tire treads and keep them inflated to the recommended values.
- Listen to the weather forecasts, especially when you are going on long trips.
- In the event of a breakdown on a highway in winter, you may end up waiting for hours for help. Keep the car well stocked with snacks, water, gloves, blankets and flares. If you're traveling with kids, you should keep more supplies than usual.
- The vehicle should be well tuned, and all critical systems -- especially the brakes -- should be checked.
Accidents do happen, despite being careful and taking all precautions. Many of these accidents are work-related. Accidents during personal journeys are covered by auto insurance, but for work-related accidents, there is more to help than just an insurance claim, even if the vehicle used was a personal one.
Options for Compensation for Work-related Auto Accidents
Depending on the circumstances of the event, accident lawyers in Atlanta will be able to help you get compensation from many different sources in case of a work-related auto accident. The following are some possibilities:
- You may be entitled to compensation under worker's compensation, which most employers provide.
- Your own auto insurance.
- In case of an accident involving another vehicle, the other driver's insurance company may give compensation.
- In case the accident was a result of poor road maintenance or other man-made causes, such as improper signs, the department of transportation or a construction company responsible road design and signage may be liable.
- When the accident is due to a defective vehicle part, such as a tire blow-out, the manufacturer may be liable for compensation.
An Experienced Atlanta Accident Lawyer Can Help You Get Fair Compensation
Accident compensation claims are not a do-it-yourself activity. The process can be quite complex, and the services of a car accident attorney are necessary to help guide you throughout the process.
Knowledgeable Atlanta accident lawyers understand what benefits are possible given the circumstances of the accident and the kind of treatment accident injuries typically require to help you recover fast. They can be relied on for getting the best possible compensation in your case.
Even a minor injury can cause serious financial difficulties, in addition to the physical and mental agony. When this pain is due to someone else's negligence, you have every right to hold them accountable for the pain and money you've sacrificed. Get in touch with an Atlanta auto accident attorney immediately if you find yourself in this predicament, and they will ensure you get the right compensation.
About McAleer Law
Based out of Decatur, Ga., McAleer Law provides legal services to people throughout the Atlanta metropolitan area. McAleer Law focuses on wrongful personal injuries relating to auto accidents, job sites, falls, and hospital and nursing home errors. Their attorneys help clients get the compensation they are owed.
For more information, visit http://www.mcaleerlaw.com/.
For all media inquiries, please contact:
Lead Content Developer
Cardinal Web Solutions
# # #
Anne DeVito Cardinal Web Solutions Norcross, GA USA Voice: 4045852096 Website:http://www.cardinalwebsolutions.com Disclaimer:
This News Release can be viewed online at: http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/press-release-service/322539