January 21, 2013
Logistics Consulting Enables Fleets to Respond to Changing Market Conditions, Eliminate Inefficiencies
-- By turning to logistics consultants, fleets are far better equipped to look at all of their options, even those they never envisioned, and can compensate for changing market conditions as they occur. --
CHERRY HILL, NJ, January 21, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Outsourcing fleet logistics consulting services can help fleets of any size improve operations, save money, and respond quickly to changing market conditions, said David Beaudry, Director of Logistics Engineering and Consulting for AmeriQuest Transportation Services, in a blog posted on the AmeriQuest Website. In addition, logistics analyses should be performed continuously, not just every two to five years, he said.
"We call the process analytical outsourcing, whereby fleets can study and simulate fleet activities using sophisticated computer models that are complemented by the real world guidance of industry experts," Beaudry said. "We aggregate data on activities like routes, fleet utilization, manpower allotment, scheduling of shipping and deliveries, and usage of company facilities to recommend areas of improvement. Fleets can routinely reduce expenses by 10% to 25% during the process."
Beaudry pointed to the use of spreadsheet analyses by some fleets as missing out on the power and sophistication provided by today's robust logistics software. He also indicated several ways that the combination of logistics software and transportation professionals is a far more effective way to analyze data.
Among the many benefits of moving beyond spreadsheet analyses is the ability to look at all options for change that are available to a specific fleet, even those that were not envisioned. For example, studying data and alternate solutions for a fleet with multiple locations may become too complex and confusing using spreadsheets. It addition, busy fleet owners need data interpreted for them, which is where the advice of industry veterans come into play.
To read about other advantages of using an outside provider of logistics consulting services, go to the AmeriQuest website to view the entire blog at http://blog.ameriquestcorp.com/?p=622
About AmeriQuest Transportation Services
AmeriQuest Transportation Services provides comprehensive lifecycle services designed to help companies that own, operate, or outsource trucking and logistics operations save money, increase productivity, and maximize the value of transportation assets. To learn more, visit http://www.ameriquestcorp.com or call 800-608-0809.
# # #
Read more Press Releases from Patrick Moynahan:
- Buy, Use, Sell - How Much Does Your Truck Really Cost?
- AmeriQuest Business Services' Doug Clark Interviewed on CEO Intronet
- Qualified Responders Can Speed Emergency Breakdown Resolution
- Cover Every Base during New Vehicle Specification Process
- AmeriQuest Symposium Features Expert in Apple Customer Service at 10th Annual Event
- Author and Investigative Reporter Bob Woodward Keynote Speaker at AmeriQuest Symposium
- Address Diesel Technician Shortage by Improving Image of Profession
- Jack Summerville Named Senior Vice President of Corporate Business Development for AmeriQuest Business Services
- AmeriQuest Business Services Recognized Among Region's 50 Fastest Growing Companies
- AmeriQuest Transportation Services Relaunches Partnership with the Food Marketing Institute
Press Release Contact Information:
Marketing Campaign Manager
457 Haddonfield Road, Suite 220
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
United States 08002
E-Mail: Email us Here
Website: Visit Our Website
This News Release can be viewed online at: http://www.24-7pressrelease.com