February 08, 2013
North Carolina Student Avoids Rape Charge With Help From College Student Defense Lawyer Patrick Roberts
Roberts Law Group
-- Sex crimes defense attorney Patrick Roberts of Roberts Law Group, PLLC, gets alleged rape case dropped after accused is given an opportunity to explain his version of events. --
WILMINGTON, NC, February 08, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Experienced North Carolina sex crimes defense attorney Patrick Roberts of Roberts Law Group, PLLC, recently helped a local college student avoid rape charges. The student wisely secured legal representation early enough in the investigation and no charges were ever filed against him.
The student had been accused of sexually assaulting a female after a college party. He would have faced up to 30 years in prison if convicted of what could have been a charge of 1st degree forcible rape. He would also have faced a term of 30 years of being forced to register as a sex offender. But, when all the facts were on the table, no charges were filed.
Patrick Roberts put his experience in sex crimes defense to work for the university student. The accused student submitted to a polygraph examination regarding his version of the events that led to the accusation of sexual assault. Roberts fully prepared the student for his meetings with both law enforcement and with university officials.
After collecting the available evidence in the case, including the accused's version of events and the results of the polygraph examination, the university declined to pursue the alleged sexual assault case any further. The matter was not referred to law enforcement. No charges were ever filed.
The importance of involving a criminal defense attorney as early on in any case cannot be understated, particularly for college students and young adults. There is simply too much on the line this early in life to trust your future, your reputation and your freedom, to anyone other than an attorney or law firm with a history of successful results in difficult cases.
When experience counts, count on Roberts Law Group, PLLC. The North Carolina criminal defense attorneys of Roberts Law Group, PLLC, fight for the rights of the accused throughout the state. With offices in Raleigh, Wilmington and Charlotte, the experienced defense lawyers of Roberts Law Group, PLLC, offer a free initial consultation to anyone facing criminal charges, including drunk driving, sex offenses, drug crimes, white collar crimes or other felony or misdemeanor crimes in the North Carolina state or federal criminal justice system.
For more information or to contact the firm online to schedule a free consult at the location most convenient for you, please visit the firm's Raleigh criminal defense site, Wilmington criminal defense site or Charlotte criminal defense site. To contact criminal defense lawyer Patrick Roberts, please call 866-630-2389 for a free consultation.
Roberts Law Group, PLLC
# # #
Read more Press Releases from Patrick Roberts:
- Wilmington Sex Crimes Lawyer Ryan Stump Earns Dismissal of Forcible Sex Offense Charge
- North Carolina Defense Lawyer Ryan Stump Gets On-Post DWI Charge Dismissed
- Wilmington Financial Crimes Defense Lawyer Ryan Stump Helped Client Avoid Jail Time in Felony Embezzlement Case
- Embezzlement in North Carolina Can Get You In Criminal Trouble With The State Or The Feds
- Criminal Defense Lawyer Patrick Roberts Was Recently Named One Of The Top 100 Trial Lawyers In North Carolina By The National Trial Lawyers
- Drinking and Driving Under 21 in North Carolina Can Mean Serious Trouble
- Trading Before Heinz Buyout Triggers SEC Investigation
- Roberts Law Group, PLLC, Welcomes Raleigh Attorney Nick Clifford To Its North Carolina Criminal Defense Practice
- Security Settings in File-Sharing Software May Lead to Unintended Sharing of Child Pornography
- Downloading Adult Porn In Bulk Can Get You in Trouble With Child Porn
Press Release Contact Information:
Roberts Law Group, PLLC
Criminal Defense Attorneys
5725 Oleander Drive
United States 28403
E-Mail: Email us Here
Website: Visit Our Website
This News Release can be viewed online at: http://www.24-7pressrelease.com