February 08, 2013
Kimmel Cancer Center Director, Dr. Richard G. Pestell and Wife, Mrs. Nataliia Pestell to Chair Lifetime Achievement Award Gala Honoring Burt Bacharach
-- The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia Board of Directors is proud to announce Dr. Richard G. Pestell and Mrs. Nataliia Pestell as Chairs for the 2013 Chamber Orchestra Lifetime Achievement Award Gala honoring Burt Bacharach. --
PHILADELPHIA, PA, February 08, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/ -- The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia Board of Directors is proud to announce Dr. Richard G. Pestell and Mrs. Nataliia Pestell as Chairs for the 2013 Chamber Orchestra Lifetime Achievement Award Gala honoring Burt Bacharach. A founding resident company of The Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts, the Chamber Orchestra will host this black tie event on Saturday, May 4, 2013 at 6 PM at The Westin Philadelphia.
Dr. Richard G. Pestell is an oncologist and endocrinologist, currently serving as the Director of the Kimmel Cancer Center and Vice President of Oncology Services at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. Dr. Pestell is also the Chairman of the Department of Cancer Biology and Associate Dean of Cancer Programs at Jefferson Medical College.
"It is a great honor for me and my wife to be a part of The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia's Gala celebrating Burt Bacharach," said Dr. Pestell. "This event will surely be remarkable and unforgettable, and we ask the musical community to join us in what will be a fun-filled evening to recognize a man who has touched the hearts of millions with his music."
The evening will include the presentation of the prestigious Annual Chamber Orchestra Lifetime Achievement Award to Mr. Bacharach, with a mini-concert featuring special guests, a cocktail hour, a three-course sit-down dinner, dancing with a live band, and open bar. Melissa Errico, acclaimed Broadway Star, gifted recording artist, and film/television presence, will sing select songs written by Burt Bacharach with accompaniment from The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia. Pianist Di Wu, an up-and-coming young talent who has soloed across the globe, will perform a classical arrangement of Burt Bacharach's songs with award-winning cellist Adrian Daurov, who has performed on major concert stages all over the world. Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia Music Director Dirk Brosse will also arrange, orchestrate and conduct The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia in a tribute to Mr. Bacharach.
Generous sponsors of the 2013 Lifetime Achievement Award Gala include Gavin/Solmonese, National Analysts Worldwide, Sandra Barenbaum, Esq. and Dr. Jerome J. Vernick, M.D., and Flanders Investment & Trade. Tickets, tables and sponsorships are available now through April 24, 2013. Seating is limited. Visit chamberorchestra.org/gala or call 215.545.5451 x25 for more information.
A limited number of interviews with Mr. Bacharach will be available prior to the event. Please contact Director of Marketing and Interactive Media Dara N. Boyd at email@example.com or 215.545.5451 x31.
The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia is a founding resident company of The Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts and performs from September through May in its home, the intimate Perelman Theater. For information, please contact The Chamber Orchestra at 215.545.5451 or visit http://www.chamberorchestra.org.
The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia
Lifetime Achievement Award Gala
Saturday, May 4, 2013
The Westin Philadelphia
99 South 17th Street, Philadelphia
# # #
Read more Press Releases from Aileen Rimando:
- The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia Signs Worldwide Representation Agreement with MusicVine
- This Saturday, May 4 at 6PM: The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia Lifetime Achievement Award Gala Honoring Grammy & Academy Award-Winning Songwriters Hall of Fame Inductee Burt Bacharach
- The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia Expands Exclusive License Agreement with Naxos, Now Including HD Video Captures
- The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia Presents Fall of the Berlin Wall Featuring Beethoven's 9th Symphony, Sunday, April 7 in Verizon Hall
- The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia Announces its 2013 - 2014 Concert Season
- The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia Renews Contract of Music Director Dirk Brosse and Announces a New Concert Residency with Lincoln University
- The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia Presents Leshnoff / Mendelssohn March 3 & 4 Featuring Internationally Acclaimed Cellist Nina Kotova
- Music Director Dirk Brosse Composes Score for New Television Series: Parade's End
- The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia Presents 'Bottesini - Schubert' Featuring Michael Stern and Joseph Conyers
- The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia Presents American Masters December 16 & 17 Featuring the Chamber Orchestra's Principal Trumpet Rodney Mack and Principal Oboe Geoffrey Deemer
Press Release Contact Information:
The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia
Marketing & Box Office Assistant
1520 Locust Street, Suite 500
Voice: (215) 545-5451
E-Mail: Email us Here
Website: Visit Our Website
This News Release can be viewed online at: http://www.24-7pressrelease.com