February 14, 2013
Atlanta Shredding Service A Shred Ahead Discusses The Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act
A Shread Ahead
-- The Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act spells out provisions for how sensitive consumer identity documentation must be destroyed. A Shred Ahead, an Atlanta shredding service, explains what these mean for business owners. --
NORCROSS, GA, February 14, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/ -- With identity theft on the rise, Atlanta shredding service A Shred Ahead wishes to discuss how The Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (or FACTA) can help consumers and company employees deter identity theft and keep sensitive information safe.
FACTA was signed into law in 2003 by George W. Bush as an amendment to the Fair Credit Reporting Act. It adds several provisions to the original act, including allowing consumers to obtain a free credit report once every twelve months and providing specific actions for companies to follow to help reduce potential identity theft.
These provisions cover the disposal practices that businesses must follow when discarding consumer reports. In order to be in compliance with FACTA, businesses must "burn, pulverize, or shred papers containing consumer report information so that the information cannot be read or reconstructed." A Shred Ahead, which offers shredding services in Atlanta and the southeast, finds that shredding is the most convenient and cost effective of these disposal methods.
"It takes significant resources to be able to burn or pulverize documents to the point where they will be adequately destroyed in accordance with FACTA," explains Tom Hanlon of A Shred Ahead, a company which provides paper shredding in Tampa, Dallas, Miami, and Atlanta. "Shredding is the more cost effective option for companies which handle large quantities of sensitive documentation, and it ensures that all consumer report information is properly destroyed to avoid identity theft."
If your company handles sensitive consumer documents, FACTA allows for you to contract out your document destruction to companies like A Shred Ahead, which can appropriately handle and destroy all consumer report materials. Learn more about your legal obligations to destroy consumer documentation under FACTA and A Shred Ahead's shredding services in Miami, Atlanta, North Carolina, and the southeast at http://www.ashredahead.com.
About A Shred Ahead:
A Shred Ahead was built from two small companies to become the largest independent shredding company in the South. Founded in 2003, their team of professionals focus on putting the customer first and offering fast, reliable services.
For more information, visit http://www.ashredahead.com
For all media inquiries, please contact:
Cardinal Web Solutions
# # #
Read more Press Releases from Allie Petit:
- Gembecki's Current Deal on Air Conditioning in Orlando: $300 Off 16-SEER Two-Speed Amana System
- Stork Nest's New Online Store Features Fisher-Price Diapers
- Do an Accent Wall of this Season's Hottest Colors with Atlanta Painters, The Painting Company
- Stork Nest's New Online Store Carries Fitti Diapers
- Atlanta Plumbing Experts, Plumb Xpress, Suggest What to Do When Faced with Brown Water
- Get $100 Off Initial Atlanta Termite Control this May from North Fulton Pest Solutions
- LifeLine Repairs Offers Fast, Economical iPhone Repair in Atlanta
- Get Premium Products from Gourmet Coffee and Tea Carrier, J. Martinez, for Afternoon Tea at Home
- Kitchen Inspire Points Out that Melamine is More Than Just Melamine Plates and Bowls
- Samson Trailways Urges Booking an Atlanta Bus Rental for Your Spring Group Trips Now
Press Release Contact Information:
Cardinal Web Solutions
330 Research Court Suite 300A
E-Mail: Email us Here
Website: Visit Our Website
This News Release can be viewed online at: http://www.24-7pressrelease.com