February 15, 2013
Music Director Dirk Brosse Composes Score for New Television Series: Parade's End
-- The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia's Music Director is the composer behind the music of new television mini-series, Parade's End, which premieres on HBO on Tuesday, February 26. --
PHILADELPHIA, PA, February 15, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/ -- The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia's Music Director is the composer behind the music of new television mini-series, Parade's End, which premieres on HBO on Tuesday, February 26. Maestro Dirk Brosse's score encapsulates the period of World War I, in addition to the romance and drama of the core relationships in the story.
Parade's End is a five-part television mini-series, made in collaboration by HBO, BBC and VRT. Based on the best-selling tetralogy of novels of the same name by Ford Madox Ford, it tells the story of an eradicative love triangle between an English aristocrat, his cruel socialite wife, and a young suffragette during the First World War. The series premiered on BBC Two on August 24, 2012 and has already received favorable reviews. Parade's End will premiere on HBO on February 26, 2013.
Dirk Brosse is a multi-faceted composer, and a respected conductor on the international music scene. Aside from being the Music Director of The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia, he is also the professor of conductor and composition at the School of Arts/Royal Conservatory of Music in Ghent. He has conducted major symphony orchestras across the globe, including the Brussels Philharmonic, the London Symphony Orchestra, and the Hong Kong Philharmonic. As a composer, he has written more than 200 works, which have been performed all over the world, and have been recorded in more than 40 countries.
The soundtrack to Parade's End, and the video to the mini-series is available on CD, DVD and Blu-Ray, on Amazon.com. The trailer to Parade's End is available here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH0v7Ck8_Ic
The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia is a founding resident company of The Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts and performs from September through May in its home, the intimate Perelman Theater. For information, please contact The Chamber Orchestra at 215.545.5451 or visit http://www.chamberorchestra.org.
# # #
Read more Press Releases from Aileen Rimando:
- The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia Signs Worldwide Representation Agreement with MusicVine
- This Saturday, May 4 at 6PM: The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia Lifetime Achievement Award Gala Honoring Grammy & Academy Award-Winning Songwriters Hall of Fame Inductee Burt Bacharach
- The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia Expands Exclusive License Agreement with Naxos, Now Including HD Video Captures
- The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia Presents Fall of the Berlin Wall Featuring Beethoven's 9th Symphony, Sunday, April 7 in Verizon Hall
- The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia Announces its 2013 - 2014 Concert Season
- The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia Renews Contract of Music Director Dirk Brosse and Announces a New Concert Residency with Lincoln University
- The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia Presents Leshnoff / Mendelssohn March 3 & 4 Featuring Internationally Acclaimed Cellist Nina Kotova
- Kimmel Cancer Center Director, Dr. Richard G. Pestell and Wife, Mrs. Nataliia Pestell to Chair Lifetime Achievement Award Gala Honoring Burt Bacharach
- The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia Presents 'Bottesini - Schubert' Featuring Michael Stern and Joseph Conyers
- The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia Presents American Masters December 16 & 17 Featuring the Chamber Orchestra's Principal Trumpet Rodney Mack and Principal Oboe Geoffrey Deemer
Press Release Contact Information:
The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia
Marketing & Box Office Assistant
1520 Locust Street, Suite 500
Voice: (215) 545-5451
E-Mail: Email us Here
Website: Visit Our Website
This News Release can be viewed online at: http://www.24-7pressrelease.com