February 14, 2013
Speech Recognition Tools Look to Play a Crucial Role Within EMR
-- KLAS' 2013 look at speech recognition vendors provides key insights for providers. --
OREM, UT, February 14, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Speech recognition vendors hope that just as front-end and back-end speech technology proved to cut costs and improve efficiency for transcription and image documentation, similar efficiencies can be found for EMR. This and other insights can be found in a new KLAS report titled Speech Recognition 2013: Going from Back to Front and Beyond.
Through various discussions with providers, KLAS provides key insights into the current state of speech recognition vendors and future considerations. The report touches on early leaders, market share, and front- and back-end innovations. Provider satisfaction with vendors as well as peer recommendations is also shared.
"There is a lot of interesting movement in regard to vendors in this space," said Ben Brown, research director and report author. "For example, MModal, like some of the other vendors, shows a significant increase in service scores with their back-end solution, yet they show a significant decrease in the same category for their front-end solution. It's important for providers to know this before they move forward with a vendor."
Other vendors highlighted in this report include Agfa, Dolbey, and Nuance. To learn more about the speech recognition vendors and findings in this study as well as related reports that will publish in 2013, check out the full report, Speech Recognition 2013: Going from Back to Front and Beyond. This report is available to healthcare providers at a significant discount. To purchase, visit http://www.KLASresearch.com/KLASreports.
KLAS is a research firm on a global mission to improve healthcare delivery by enabling providers to be heard and to be counted. Working with thousands of healthcare executives and clinicians, KLAS gathers data on software, services, medical equipment, and infrastructure systems to deliver timely reports, trends, and statistical overviews. The research directly represents the provider voice and acts as a catalyst for improving vendor performance. KLAS was founded in 1996, and KLAS' staff and advisory board members average 25 years of healthcare information technology experience. For more information, go to http://www.KLASresearch.com, email marketing@KLASresearch.com, or call 1-800-920-4109 to speak with a KLAS representative. Follow KLAS on Twitter @KLASresearch.
# # #
Read more Press Releases from Andrea Morrill:
- Providers Using Breast Tomosynthesis Report Positive ROI Despite Lack of Reimbursement
- Health Care Providers Give Cloud Vendors High Marks on Security
- KLAS Offers First-Ever EPR/PAS Performance Report to Healthcare Providers Across the UK and Ireland
- Providers Say Agfa HealthCare Has Room for Improvement as an Imaging Partner
- Physician Satisfaction with Best-of-Breed EDIS 59% Higher than Enterprise Systems
- As ICD-10 Takes Main Stage, Consulting Strategies Play Leading Role
- EHI and KLAS Partner to Improve NHS IT Measures
- Oncology Information Systems' Reporting and Alerts Leave Providers Wanting More
- Providers Get Help From Clinical Decision Support Evidence Vendors But Still Face Obstacles
- Healthcare Leaders Join KLAS Advisory Board
Press Release Contact Information:
630 Techonlogy Ave
E-Mail: Email us Here
Website: Visit Our Website
This News Release can be viewed online at: http://www.24-7pressrelease.com