February 28, 2013
Sidestep Winter Dry Skin with Natural Preventative Skin Care
-- New shielding lotion technology relieves dry winter skin. --
BEVERLY HILLS, CA, February 28, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/ -- One bothersome aspect of winter weather is dry, itchy skin. According to the US National Library of Medicine, dry itchy skin occurs more often in winter, when cold air outside and heated air inside cause low humidity. The skin loses its moisture, may crack and peel or become irritated and inflamed, causing millions of Americans to suffer from dry skin conditions.
Ordinary moisturizers try to make up for the moisture that our bodies lose by adding an external moisture source and coating the skin with creams, but this is not as effective as what consumers need. In fact, it could even have a detrimental long-term effect by sending the wrong message to the moisture production parts of the skin.
"When your skin gets dry and itchy in winter you know that the protective outer layer of skin has been stripped away," says Dr Brian Zogg, a board-certified dermatologist with a practice in Albert Lea, Minnesota.
Zogg continued, "Artificial moisturizers in conventional creams and lotions can send a signal to the moisture producing parts of your skin that enough moisture is present. Your skin then makes less of the natural moisture needed to resolve a dry skin problem. With a shielding lotion you replace the outer layer and protect the natural oils and moisture in your skin, so it heals faster.
"The concept of a shielding lotion is relatively new to dermatology and skin treatment. It binds to the skin such that the environment is not allowed to penetrate and desiccate the skin, essentially forming an invisible shield around and throughout the skin just like an invisible glove would. This is important as it allows the moisture to be maintained within the body and disallows, stops any products from harming the skin, like cleansers, acids, and all everyday solvents that we come into contact with."
With winter still in full swing, it is important to use a natural skin care treatment now. Use a shielding lotion like Skin MD Natural that bonds with the body's skin and replaces the protective layer, so that the skin retains its own oils and moisture.
Skin MD Natural Shielding lotion is avilable at any pharmacy in the United States or by calling 21st Century Formulations, Inc. located in Beverly Hills, CA. They can be reached at 1-800-540-4790 or can be contacted through their website: http://www.skinmdnatural.com, or emailed directly: email@example.com
# # #
Read more Press Releases from Jon Soeder:
- The Scary Truth About Skincare Products: What You Don't Know
- Revolutionary Dry Skin Lotion Targets Cause of Eczema, Then Helps Diabetic Patients!
- How Do You Protect Your Skin: Revolutionary New Lotion Solves Age-Old Problem
- Extreme Weather: Four Hidden Reasons Why Your Dry Skin Suffers
- What to Avoid in Natural Skin Care Products This Holiday Season
- Emergency Preparedness: A New Revelation in Skin Care Treatment for the Effects of Climate Change
- Global Warming? Storms of the Century: A New Revelation in Skin Care Treatment for Extreme Weather Conditions
- Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion: A New Revelation Skin Care Treatment for Extreme Weather Conditions
- Have You Fallen Prey to the Skin Care Myths - What Companies Don't Want You to Know!
- New Dry Skin Treatment's Ingredients on FDA's Most Safe List
Press Release Contact Information:
21st Century Formulations
9663 Santa Monica Blvd, Suite 960
Beverly Hills, CA
E-Mail: Email us Here
Website: Visit Our Website
This News Release can be viewed online at: http://www.24-7pressrelease.com