February 28, 2013
Health Canada Renews MediPurpose's Medical Device Licenses
MediPurpose logoSurgiLance safety lancet logo
-- Authorizes medical product company to continue distributing BabyLance safety heelsticks and SurgiLance safety lancets in Canada. --
ATLANTA, GA, February 28, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/ -- MediPurpose(tm), a manufacturer and master distributor of medical products, today announced Health Canada has renewed its SurgiLance and babyLance safety blood lancet device licenses.
The device licenses allow MediPurpose to continue distribution of two of its safety lancing devices--the babyLance(tm) safety heelstick and the SurgiLance(tm) safety lancet--in Canada.
Health Canada requires manufacturers' device licenses to be renewed every three years. The renewal process requires CAN/CSA-ISO 13485 recertification to validate that a medical product manufacturer's quality management system (QMS) continues to meet the requirements of the international standard ISO 13485 and the Canadian Medical Device Regulations (CMDR).
CAN/CSA-ISO 13485 assessments and certification must be performed by Canadian Medical Devices Conformity Assessment System (CMDCAS) recognized registrars.
"We are pleased that our safety device licenses have been renewed again," said MediPurpose founder and CEO Patrick Yi. "Since 2001, we have enjoyed our relationship with our Canadian SurgiLance customers, and we are looking forward to introducing them to our new babyLance safety heelstick."
For more information about MediPurpose's medical products--including requests for no-cost samples--please visit http://www.medipurpose.com/products.
Founded in 1999, MediPurpose(tm) is an innovative medical device company headquartered in Singapore, with offices in the United States and Europe.
Known for its popular babyLance(tm) safety heelstick, SurgiLance(tm) safety lancet and MediPlus(tm) Advanced Wound Care products, MediPurpose has leveraged its success in the medical device industry to become a master medical product distributor that provides unique solutions for both medical product manufacturers and distributors.
MediPurpose's Medical Device Innovation division offers angel funding and developmental expertise for new medical device inventors and innovative medical product companies that seek entrance into new medical device markets.
For more information about MediPurpose's medical products and solutions for inventors, innovators, manufacturers and distributors, please visit http://www.medipurpose.com.
# # #
Read more Press Releases from Derek Rudnak:
- MediPurpose Announces Appointment of Todd Vecellio as Eastern Regional Sales Manager
- Canadian Trademark Granted for babyLance Safety Heelstick
- New babyLance Safety Heelstick Logo Announced
- New White Paper Describes babyLance Safety Heelstick 510(k) Application Process
- MediPurpose Launches ValuePlus Advanced Wound Care Customer Program
- Case Study: Austrian Neonatal Nurses Give New babyLance Heelstick Perfect Safety Score
- New Report of Evidence Shows MediPlus Brand Performs at Same Level as Current In-Use Advanced Wound Dressings
- MediPurpose Receives U.S. FDA 510(k) Clearance for Redesigned babyLance Safety Heelstick
- India Grants Trademark for MediPurpose's Medical Product Company Brand Identity
- MediPurpose Ranked in Top 1000 Singapore SME for Sixth Year
Press Release Contact Information:
Director of Marketing
3883 Rogers Bridge Road, Suite 501
United States 30097
E-Mail: Email us Here
Website: Visit Our Website
This News Release can be viewed online at: http://www.24-7pressrelease.com