February 28, 2013
Sentara Obici Hospital Selects Sound Physicians to Manage Hospitalist Program - Leading Hospitalist Organization Provides Management Services to Virginia Hospital Within Sentara Healthcare
-- Sound Physicians announces an agreement to provide hospitalist management services to Sentara Obici Hospital's hospitalist program. --
SUFFOLK, VA, February 28, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Sound Physicians, a leading hospitalist organization focused on driving improvements in quality, satisfaction and financial performance of inpatient healthcare delivery, announced today an agreement to provide hospitalist management services to Sentara Obici Hospital's hospitalist program.
Sound Physicians will provide hospitalist management services to Sentara Medical Group at the 168-bed facility in Suffolk, Va. later this year. The hospital, medical staff and hospitalist team will benefit from the tools, processes and technology Sound Physicians has created to develop hospitalist physicians and drive inpatient performance.
"We're excited to partner with Sentara Healthcare and support its mission of improving health every day," said Robert Bessler, M.D., CEO of Sound Physicians. "We look forward to leveraging our performance management expertise and strong physician leadership to drive improvements in quality, efficiency and satisfaction."
Steve Julian, M.D., President of Sentara Obici Hospital, said "We chose to partner with Sound Physicians for their hospitalist management experience, regional leadership depth and proven track record of establishing high-performing teams that serve the needs of patients, the hospital and providers in the community."
Working with Sentara Medical Group and Sentara Obici Hospital, Sound Physicians will introduce its SoundConnect workflow and informatics platform to drive improvements in inpatient care outcomes and financial performance. Sound Physicians will also apply its expertise in building high-performing hospital practices, including strong physician leadership, revenue cycle management and a track record of physician recruiting success.
About Sound Physicians
Sound Physicians is a leading hospitalist organization focused on driving improvements in quality, satisfaction and efficiency of inpatient health care delivery. By investing deeply in outstanding physicians, clinical process excellence and its proprietary workflow and informatics technology, Sound Physicians improves the delivery of inpatient care. Sound Physicians aligns with healthcare providers to measurably enhance patient outcomes and strengthen its partners' financial performance. The organization is the practice of choice of more than 650 hospitalist and post-acute physicians. To learn more visit: http://www.soundphysicians.com.
# # #
Read more Press Releases from Daven Rosener:
- Sound Physicians Recruitment Results - Leading Hospitalist Organization Hires More Than 200 Physicians in 2012
- Sound Physicians Welcomes Dena Parker as Chief Financial Officer
- Sonoma Valley Hospital Selects Sound Physicians
- Sound Physicians Presents at Institute for Healthcare Improvement's National Quality Forum
- St. Vincent Healthcare Selects Sound Physicians to Manage Hospitalist Program - Leading Hospitalist Organization Provides Management Services to Hospitalist Program of 286-bed Montana Hospital
- Sound Physicians Chairman Edward G. Murphy, M.D. Presents on Role of Hospitalists at ACO Congress - Health System Physician Leader Identifies Role for Hospitalists in ACO Framework
- Sound Physicians Announces VP of Patient Experience and Physician Development - Hospitalist Organization Advances Physician Leadership
- Baystate Medical Center Selects Sound Physicians to Manage One of the Nation's Largest Hospitalist Programs
- Sound Physicians and Press Ganey Host Patient Experience Webcast - 'Redefining Patient Experience: Improving Satisfaction, Quality and Financial Outcomes', Set for October 15
- Mt. Airy Hospital Selects Sound Physicians - Leading Hospitalist Organization Focuses on Improving Quality and Reducing Cost of Inpatient Care
Press Release Contact Information:
Senior Communications Manager
1123 Pacific Ave.
E-Mail: Email us Here
Website: Visit Our Website
This News Release can be viewed online at: http://www.24-7pressrelease.com