The Camp Care Package- a summer camp tradition worth saving!
Origami kits are great additions to any camp care package.
The entire cabin will enjoy this book with dozens of friendship bracelets patterns
What's a camp fire without someone playing the harmonica?
Make Sure That Camp Care Package Arrives On Time: 6 Easy Steps! -- Remote camp locations, varying care package restrictions and a tight time frame make sending camp care packages tricky business! --
FAIRFIELD, CT, June 19, 2014 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Are you sending off your first camp care package? Here's few simple tips to avoid making rookie errors:
1. Double check the camp address! Many camps have winter and summer addresses. Other camps also use a post office box for packages. Make sure you know which one to use! Better yet, triple check that address! And don't forget to include the name of the camp on the package!
2. Plan on one extra day for delivery within the camp! If you need the package to arrive on a specific day... give a day or 2 leeway for the intracamp distribution. A typical scenario might be: camp picks up the mail in the morning, checks packages for contraband (really!) during the afternoon, then delivers to the camper before dinner. So that package that arrives at the PO Box in the afternoon, will not get to the child until the following day!
3. Read the care package policy carefully! More and more camps are altering those policies, so even if daily large packages were allowed last year, this year they could be limited to once a week.
4. Include something the whole cabin can enjoy! A pack of embroidery floss for friendship bracelets, a card game, a Frisbee, water balloons... We like to include ear plugs for the counselors!
5. Respect your child's camp's taboo list! Fireworks, food, and electronics are at the top of the banned items list. Other no no's frequently mentioned are gun-shaped objects (like water pistols) and cash.
6. Don't forget the gift message! Short and sweet is best!
Now that you have your merit badge in creating a camp care package, go out and send some love to your favorite camper today!
Oh yeah....I own a company, Mirth in a Box, that specializes in camp care packages. I'm just saying... :)
Mirth in a Box is an online gift and care package company devoted to fun, merriment and making people laugh. Summertime means camp care package season! Check out our whimsical premade camp care packages or create your own custom camp gift box!
# # #
Gay Gasser Mirth in a Box Fairfield, CT United States Voice: 203-339-1799 Website:http://www.MirthinaBox.com Disclaimer:
This News Release can be viewed online at: http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/press-release-service/388230