- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
/24-7PressRelease/ - LONDON, UK, January 30, 2008 - Results of research released by The Harley Medical Group reveals nearly two thirds (64%) of cosmetic surgery patients take up to six months to recognise and feel comfortable with their new look. The remaining third (36%) cannot imagine that they ever looked any different.
The research was conducted by The Harley Medical Group amongst their patients. Staff at Harley Medical Group use before and after pictures as a tool to allow patients to see their remarkable evolution and ease them into their new look. Staff have noted that this is an essential tool for the recovery process from cosmetic surgery.
Liz Dale from the Harley Medical Group said: 'It is very important for the patient to understand the full extent of what they have gone through and its life altering effects. It is an essential part of the recovery process. With the use of before and after pictures we enable the patient to visualise the dramatic change they've experienced. Patients often carry the photos around with them as a constant reminder of what they've been through.'
The Harley Medical Group are now releasing before and after images on their website to show how cosmetic surgery can give patients a new boost of confidence. New before and after images on the site include, breast enlargement and eyebag removal with real life stories from patients.
The Harley Medical Group ensures that all patients are thoroughly interviewed before they undergo any form of surgery. This is to make sure that the patient is 100% happy with the cosmetic surgery they are going to undertake and that they are fully aware of all procedures and outcomes. At this point a "before" picture is also taken as a record of the procedure. Before and after pictures from other procedures are also used to help demonstrate the dramatic results that are achievable.
Once the surgery is complete the patient is shown their before and after pictures, giving them a continual reminder of what they once looked like, and ultimately reassuring them that the surgery that they have had was all worth while.
Notes to Editor:
The Harley Medical Group has been established for over 25 years and is one of the most highly-regarded Cosmetic Surgery Groups operating in the UK. In 2004, The Harley Medical Group's Chairman Mel Braham, at the request of the Department of Health became a member of the department's Steering Committee, set up to oversee the introduction of new regulations covering the entire Cosmetic Surgery sector. All of The Harley Medical Group's clinics are registered with the Healthcare Commission. There are now 20 clinics in the UK and Ireland: London (Harley Street, Wimbledon, The City & Watford) Marlow, Birmingham, Leeds, Brighton, Bristol, Manchester, Newcastle, Chester, Nottingham, Southampton, Cardiff, Chelmsford, Dublin and Belfast.
Rain Communications UK
Harley Medical Group
11 Queen Anne St
020 7222 4345
# # #