PONCHATOULA, LA, October 12, 2019 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Marquis Who's Who, the world's premier publisher of biographical profiles, is proud to present James E. Kuhn with the Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award.
Mr. Kuhn was the eighth of nine children and will have been married to Cheryl Aucoin for 50 years in December 2019. They have 2 children.
An accomplished listee, Mr. Kuhn celebrates many years' experience in his professional network, and has been noted for achievements, leadership qualities, and the credentials and successes he has accrued in his field. As in all Marquis, Who's Who biographical volumes, individuals profiled are selected on the basis of current reference value. Factors such as position, noteworthy accomplishments, visibility, and prominence in a field are all taken into account during the selection process.
With over 45 years of experience in law to his credit. Mr. Kuhn has become an authority in his industry. He was in legal practice for 18 years. He became an Assistant District Attorney in the 21st Judicial District Court from 1980-1995, and as an instructor of History and Political Science at Southeastern Louisiana University from 1991 to 2009. Moreover, Mr. Kuhn was a member of the Louisiana Board of Pardons and Parole, State of Louisiana, from January 2016 to July 2018.
Prior to becoming an esteemed lawyer, Mr. Kuhn pursued higher education with a Bachelor of Arts from Southeastern Louisiana University in 1968 and a Doctor of Jurisprudence from Loyola University in 1973. He attended the National Security Programs at the U. S. Army War College. Mr. Kuhn was permitted to practice law by the State of Louisiana in 1973, the State of Colorado in 1995, and the Supreme Court of the United States in 1978.
Apart from his career, Mr. Kuhn volunteered in his field and community. He was active as the secretary/treasurer of the Conference of Court of Appeal Judges for the State of Louisiana, the founder of For Our Youth, Board Member at the Department of Children and Family Services, Former Board Member of the Louisiana Council on Child Abuse, Member of the Southeastern Louisiana University Foundation Board, Member of the Rotary International (Ponchatoula), and Member of the Ancient Order of Hibernians. Mr. Kuhn also served in the U. S. National Guard from 1969-1974.
Outside of his professional responsibilities, Mr. Kuhn remains aware of the changes and advancements in his industry through relevant organizations.
• 10 plus years as instructor for the National Institute of Trial Advocacy
• 15 plus years as instructor for the Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel Trial Practice
• Author of many opinions dealing with national and state constitutional issues, including international issues of comity, conflict of laws, and public policy. The majority of these cases are published by Thomson Reuters West.
• Author of approximately 1500 appellate court opinions
• Judge participant in approximately 5000 appellate court decisions
• Judge participant in approximately 9294 writs
LECTURER IN FIELD OF LAW
• 21st Judicial District Bar Association
• 22nd Judicial District Bar Association
• CASA Program of Hammond, Louisiana
• Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
• Numerous Bar Associations of Louisiana
• American Association of Justice
• Louisiana State Bar Association
The proudest moments of Mr. Kuhn's career was being elected Judge, 21st Judicial District Court from 1991 to 1994; and elected Judge, First Circuit Court of Appeal, State of Louisiana, from 1995 to 2014. In light of his many achievements in the field, he has received a number of awards and accolades throughout his career.
AWARDS OR RECOGNITIONS
• Recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award during law school
• Honor Fraternity of Phi Kappa Phi Member
• Biography in
• Who's Who in American Law
• Who's Who in the South and Southwest
• Who's Who among American Teachers
• 2010 Alumnus of the Year-Southeastern Louisiana University College of Arts and Science
• 2011 Southeastern Louisiana University Alumni Association -- Distinguished Service Award
• Rotary Service Award, 2014-2015
• Ponchatoula Chamber of Commerce, Volunteer of the Year, 2014
• Louisiana American Legion, 6th District, Good Citizen Award, 2015
• Ancient Order of Hibernians Man of the Year for the State of Louisiana
About Marquis Who's Who®
Since 1899, when A. N. Marquis printed the First Edition of Who's Who in America®, Marquis Who's Who® has chronicled the lives of the most accomplished individuals and innovators from every significant field of endeavor, including politics, business, medicine, law, education, art, religion and entertainment. Today, Who's Who in America® remains an essential biographical source for thousands of researchers, journalists, librarians and executive search firms around the world. Marquis® now publishes many Who's Who titles, including Who's Who in America®, Who's Who in the World®, Who's Who in American Law®, Who's Who in Medicine and Healthcare®, Who's Who in Science and Engineering®, and Who's Who in Asia®. Marquis® publications may be visited at the official Marquis Who's Who® website at www.marquiswhoswho.com.
# # #