- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
LEEDS, ENGLAND, September 12, 2022 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Enjoy Travel gets listed on THE OCMX™
A group of travel comparison and booking brands, with a focus on car rentals. We are an established 13-year-old business, which we re-structured in 2019 with new shareholders for growth through tech development, innovation, and acquisition. In October 2019, the business was restructured by British investors/entrepreneurs. During 2020 EnjoyTravel.com was re-born with a new brand, a new website, and new languages creating exponential reach to new global markets.
The OCMX™ is pleased to announce the listing of Enjoy Travel to its online portal which offers financial networks the ability to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
The OCMX™ has spent considerable time completing its due diligence on Enjoy Travel and concluded that there is indeed a tremendous potential for this company.
The OCMX™ noted that Enjoy Travel exhibits the main components of any solid opportunity, namely a solid management team, a great track record, and several key competitive advantages.
PROBLEM THEY ARE SOLVING
We compare car rental providers worldwide, help customers find the best price/deal/benefits and make their reservation online. We also provide a wide range of travel information & recommendations and have a strong following through our Big 7 Travel brand.
Throughout the COVID era, The Enjoy shareholders acquired Big 7 Travel, and also a 25% stake in a struggling competitor HolidayCars.com and quickly returned it back to profit, and by early 2022 we had completed and launched our own in-house tech platform in with 18 languages.
WHERE THEY ARE HEADED
Enjoy Travel were pioneers in introducing the Fair Fuel Policy and being the first comparison site in the UK to only work with rental providers who adopted a fair fuel policy, helping consumers to avoid rip-off fuel policies when renting a car abroad. Our background is comparison brands, and we are now in an advanced stage of launching our hotel comparison platform.
We are also in the process of amalgamating our high organic traffic site Big7Travel (bigseventravel.com) into Enjoy – our goal to create the world's best integrated travel information site and booking site is here.
• Combining our travel content platform with our online comparison booking site will give a market leading combination of rich travel, lifestyle, and food & drink content alongside booking facilities.
• Outstanding growth post-Covid on our car rental platform
• Now in 18 languages
• Entrepreneurial team stay ahead by being the first to exploit market trends through and post Covid such as contactless car collection and drop-off, fair fuel policy, and our new front end will focus on growth of electric vehicles and sustainable travel
Martin Mansell, CEO is a travel entrepreneur and investor, who sold his airport mobility tech business to Manchester Airports Group in 2018 where he then worked as Global Distribution Director. Following this Martin moved on to invest in and restructure the Enjoy Travel business since 2019, guiding it through the difficulties of the Covid to come through the other side with a new brand, tech platform, extended team and ready for big growth.
Mark Hinge, CFO – an experienced CEO, CFO and management accountant, having spent more than 20 years working in airport related sectors, including the last 4 years in a senior role within Manchester Airports Group, Mark has a long and wide-ranging expertise in airport car parking, ground transport, e-commerce and lounges and was involved in the 2018 sale to Manchester Airports Group along with Martin.
Steve Dennis, CCO, one of the founders of "Enjoy Car Hire" (the original brand name before becoming EnjoyTravel.com) 13 years ago, has built up the business since its inception in 2009, having developed excellent supplier relationships across Europe. Key skills include team building, leadership, supplier relationships, negotiation and operations.
Dan Crook, Creative Director – Dan was part of the Looking4.com team since 2010, responsible for its design and front-end. Dan has worked across many brands with key skills including project management, creative, design, front-end & UX. Dan joined Enjoy in 2020, designed and project managed the move from Enjoy Car Hire to EnjoyTravel.com in a short space of time.
Paul Dervey, Technical Director – Paul joined the team in 2020 and has a wealth of experience in software development, technology and cloud solutions architecture, IT strategy, C#, .NET and senior roles in global blue chip organizations such as Oracle.
Michel Houthoff, COO/CTO, has worked for almost 20 years in the car rental and travel industry, with broad experience in different c-level positions, leading and developing international teams and organizations in fast growing, merger and other complex restructuring situations. Acquired and launched HolidayCars.com as 100% B2C brand in 2013 and developed this further with strong focus on tech and efficient operations to keep the organization lean.
Sarah Clayton-Lea, Business Development Director – Sarah is an entrepreneur who sold her first company Big 7 Travel (founded 2018) to Enjoy Travel in 2020, staying on to grow the new team. With a strong background in media and digital marketing, Sarah is now responsible for business development of Enjoy Travel.
Siobhán McKenny, Marketing Director – Siobhán brings a wealth of marketing experience, having worked as Brand Director for Big 7 Travel and EnjoyTravel.com. She has strengthened both companies' brand image through strategic content deployment, resulting in a plethora of media coverage.
• Restructured our struggling competitor (Holidaycars.com) 12 months ago, on the verge of bankruptcy, and during the first 12 months have turned it around to £388k profit (EBITDA) with prospects to grow more during the next 12 months. (we now own 25% of this business and wish to acquire it all)
• The combined brands from roughly break-even in 2018/2019 (losses during Covid) to projected £1.5 million EBITDA in the 12 months ahead.
• From a 2-language website to 18 languages, new website, re-brand and in-house tech platform built during COVID.
• Development of phase 1 of our new hotels comparison platform, major focus of development through 2022/2023.
• Grown by more than 100% booking volume comparing to the last full pre-Covid year
• Profitability from roughly break-even when we took over, to on-target £1.5 million EBITDA in the year to go.
• New focus on innovative areas such as fully electric and hybrid cars, showing our positive move towards sustainability.
• In the process of creating a customer login platform in order to enhance customer experience and build on customer retention.
• Development of a new app to improve customer experience.
• Expand our travel blogs in Italian, Spanish and German.
• New focus on developing corporate account and other new growth channels
ABOUT THE OCMX™
The OCMX™, established in 2009, is a next generation investor relations and marketing outreach firm. Through our online OCMX portal, we connect companies with financial networks, generating interest and awareness for their opportunity.
TD Canada Trust Tower
161 Bay Street, 45th Floor
Toronto, Ontario, M5J 2S1
Email: [email protected]
# # #