- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
SEATTLE, WA, November 29, 2022 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Ecellix gets listed on THE OCMX™
Ecellix has created a breakthrough silicon-dominant anode material called eCell™ that enables a new class of Li-ion batteries that are lighter, smaller, and offer 30%-50% higher energy than today's industry standard batteries. As the principal component for storage of energy in a Li-ion battery, eCell will allow EV manufacturers to build battery packs with fewer cells while delivering enhanced performance and a significant reduction in overall costs.
Produced via a patented, scalable, and environmentally friendly process with low-cost commodity materials, eCell is positioned as the anode cost leader in a $360B+ global Li-ion battery market (est. 2030). Deployment of eCell will enable a new generation of enhanced range EVs, marine and aeronautics applications and extended use devices, power tools and residential energy storage.
The OCMX™ is pleased to announce the listing of Ecellix to its online portal which offers financial networks the ability to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
The OCMX™ has spent considerable time completing its due diligence on Ecellix and concluded that there is indeed a tremendous potential for this company.
The OCMX™ noted that Ecellix exhibits the main components of any solid opportunity, namely a solid management team, a great track record, and several key competitive advantages.
PROBLEM THEY ARE SOLVING
Advances in mobility applications and devices have pushed current lithium-ion battery technologies to the limits of their capabilities. Building bigger, heavier, and more expensive batteries to achieve desired range and energy capacity are not a scalable solution. Batteries currently make up as much as 40% of the cost and 40% of the weight of an average EV.
Breakthroughs in anode materials and battery design are necessary to enable affordable next-generation EV's and extended use of consumer electronics, wearables, and grid storage applications. Our 100% silicon anode materials provide over 3X the energy capacity and a 30% reduction in weight and volume of legacy graphite anode materials while being offered at cost parity at scale per unit of energy.
WHERE THEY ARE HEADED
We aim to be the dominant silicon anode supplier in a global Li-ion battery market projected to exceed $360B in 2030 (McKinsey 9/22), where 25% of that total is related to the anode. Explosive growth in all types of electrified transport (cars, trucks, boats, airplanes) and devices points to a 30% CAGR stretching out several years, with silicon materials emerging as the dominant choice to enable weight/volume and cost reductions.
Focused on being a manufacturer of anode active materials, Ecellix will execute an aggressive manufacturing development program, both directly and via partnerships, to generate appropriate capacity to serve multiple large current and emerging markets. With advanced anode technologies as the key enabler of this revolution and with the uniqueness of our solution, we fully expect multiple liquidity opportunities to be in play over the next 18-24 months.
Jerry Schwartz, JD/LLM – CEO, Chairman & Co-Founder
Jerry has a career that spans 30 years engaged in commercializing new technologies on a global basis and engineering optimal exits. Director of Microsoft's Office of International Affairs – focused on Asia Pacific, India and LATAM government and NGO engagement. Past senior roles at iCopyright.com, Midisoft, Cap Gemini and Dow. Licensed to practice law in California and Washington.
Geoff Deane, PhD – CTO
Geoff is a technology innovator with CTO-level roles at Clipper Windpower, Inogen and 7 years founding and managing the Innovation Engineering Lab at Intellectual Ventures, a 30,000 square foot facility with 200 PhD researchers on a range of moonshot domains. Geoff holds his PhD from UC Santa Barbara and BS from MIT.
Ken Poppe – CFO & Secretary
Ken comes to Ecellix after 11 years at Starbucks in senior finance functions and 10 years as an SVP and a CFO of the Invention Development Fund at Intellectual Ventures.
Jason Schwartz – VP Strategy, Co-Founder and BOD
Jason founded Ecellix while still in university after leading the commercialization effort, fundraising, and a team for the university research project that created the original IP.
Brian Screnar – VP Business Operations and Government Engagement
Brian served 10 years in Washington DC as Chief of Staff for Senator Maria Cantwell and in senior leadership in the Obama administration with Secretary of Interior Salazar. Subsequently, Brian served 7 years as Chief of Staff for Nathan Myhrvold, CEO and founder of Intellectual Ventures.
• Disruptive Technology: Ecellix is uniquely positioned to lead and accelerate the evolution to a new higher energy battery platform that will transform what will be a $1T global li-ion battery market within ten years.
• Disruptive Cost: eCell's simple 2-step production process, using cheap micron-scale silicon, may enjoy as much as a 10X price advantage over solutions with difficult-to-scale and expensive nano-silicon.
• Disruptive Reach: eCell stands alone as the only anode flexible enough to support multiple form factors and applications with the increased energy density mandated for emerging electric vehicles and devices.
• Adoption Ready: eCell provides a production ready silicon solution that closely resembles the essential attributes of graphite to leverage existing battery manufacturing tooling, processes and materials handling.
• Leverage: establishing a dominant position in a technology central to a generational change in mobility brings with it the ability to attract and close high-value partnerships and attractive liquidity opportunities.
• TechConnect Conference – Global Innovation Award for Technical Excellence
• Future in Review Conference "FiReStarter" – recognizing eCell as a world-changing technology.
• Exxon Corporation – Executive Staff Sustainability Day – Selected for keynote presentation of breakthrough energy storage innovation
• Plug and Play – Selected to mobility cohort for partnership with GM at Detroit Int'l Auto Show
• Bloomberg NEF – featured company in Battery Start-ups analyst report
• Exclusive Global IP Licensee – Core 2017 patent allowed + multiple int'l applications.
• Successfully completed 5 financing rounds – VC-backed by CCG Energy Partners.
• Management Team averages 25 years' experience with 15 PhD researchers and advisors.
• TAM for anode active materials projected at $54B in 2030, growing at 30% CAGR.
• Projected revenues of $1.7B in 2030 reflect less than a 3.0 % market share.
ABOUT THE OCMX™
The OCMX™, established in 2009, is a next generation investor relations and marketing outreach firm. Through our online OCMX portal, we connect companies with financial networks, generating interest and awareness for their opportunity.
TD Canada Trust Tower
161 Bay Street, 45th Floor
Toronto, Ontario, M5J 2S1
Email: [email protected]
# # #