- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
SAN FRANCISCO, CA, September 29, 2012 /24-7PressRelease/ -- As fall days get shorter, leaves put on a glorious show, mornings need sweaters, and our homes and closets practically call out be organized and made cozy for winter.
Somehow, finding home storage solutions and getting organized helps us deal with the transitions in our lives, and Fall's a great time to cut down on clutter, spruce up your home for winter, and break out the slow cooker for stews.
There's no one "right" way to get organized, says Stacks & Stacks organizer Harriet Schechter, author of 'Let Go of Clutter'. "You have to do what works for you. It's important to come up with a reasonable way of being organized so you and your family can actually find things. I recommend cleaning out first and then getting the storage boxes, containers, shelving units, tools and other storage solutions that will help you stay organized."
Here are eight home storage solutions and winterization tips from Stacks & StacksHomewares to help you find the best organizational tools and products to get your home in shape.
- Containerize. Stackable containers, storage cabinets, and shelving units are great organizing solutions for the limited space most of us deal with. (So is throwing stuff out, by the way.)
- Get ready for entertaining at home. As the landscape changes, it's fun to create new spots in your home where friends and family can gather. Think about adding this retro table and chairs, for example.
- Prepare for at-home sports or movie nights. An old-fashioned popcorn machine on the entertainment console means not missing a minute of the show.
- Get cozy. Stock up on with warm throws for nights with a chill in the air.
- Make sure windows and doors are well-sealed so cold air won't leak in.
- Winterize your garden. Cut back shrubbery, repair hoses and sprinklers and organize your garden tools so you can find them in spring.
- Change the filters in your furnace. Regular maintenance now can save you a bundle for a full-fledged breakdown or repair during the winter.
- Get ready for holiday travel. Holidays are just around the corner, and now's a great time to update your luggage, organize your car's trunk (yes, really, some people are that organized!) and get ready to scrape ice off the windshield with the aid of this nifty heated ice scraper.
You can find lots more ways to get organized, cozy, and winterized in the new Stacks & Stacks Fall Living Guide
1. 8 tips on home storage and organizing solutions for Fall from Stacks & Stacks Homewares
2. Home storage solution: containerize with stackable containers, storage cabinets and shelving units to make the most of limited space. (Getting rid of stuff is a great solution too, by the way.)
3. Get ready for holiday travel. Holidays are just around the corner, and now is a great time to update your luggage, organize your car's trunk (yes, really, some people are that organized!) and get ready to scrape ice off the windshield.
Stacks and Stacks has been a leader and pioneer in offering products to organize and furnish homes, offices, and gardens since 1984. For over 26 years we have searched for, and then tested products to find the best quality at the best prices. We now offer over 40,000 items on our site, with over 30,000 of them shipping for free.
# # #