- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
BATAWA, ON, December 17, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Today, Batawa Ski Hill in Quinte West became the first ski facility in Canada to demonstrate an innovative outdoor lighting system from Lumineering Innovations of Belleville. The most popular runs of Smokey and Old Smokey received enhanced lighting, and for the first time ever, the Boomerang run is now lit. Michael Freeman and Michael Walker of Lumineering Innovations joined Andrew Rusynyk of Batawa Ski Hill for a press conference and VIP preview at the venue today at its season opening.
The state-of-the-technology lighting emitting diode (LED) enhancements achieve the following:
- Cut hydro bills by about 75% because the 42 new LED light fixtures are projected to use a total of 8,400 watts of power per hour of use, as compared to 36,000 watts if they were traditional fixtures
- Last 3 times longer than traditional lighting since the LED lights are projected to last at least 15 years as compared to 4-5 years for traditional alternatives
- Create better, safer and more natural looking light due to better color rendering
- Enhance lighting coverage while newly lighting previously dark areas due to complete system redesign to add as well as replace fixtures
- Safer for the environment because LED fixtures do not contain mercury or any other hazardous waste, and the old fixtures were recycled
- Better for the environment because new system reduces need for more power plants and landfills
"After an exhaustive search for a cutting edge solution, Batawa Ski Hill selected LED lights that will provide superior illumination on the runs with significant power efficiencies over traditional lights used for night skiing, said Andrew Rusynyk. "This is important as Batawa's overriding goal is to be environmentally and fiscally responsible while providing a quality experience for their guests."
Bryan Watson of Lumineering Innovations oversaw the entire project - from redesign to installation to proper disposal of the hazardous materials in the previous fixtures. "It's exciting to work with market leaders like Andy Rusynyk" said Michael Freeman. "Batawa Ski Hill understands the value of doing what's right for nighttime skiers while also doing what's right for our environment."
Lumineering Innovations (LI) is a leading national supplier of lighting solutions focused on turnkey system upgrades for commercial and institutional businesses. Business owners, tenants and managers of real estate are working with LI to take advantage of the Save on Energy Retrofit Program offered by the Ontario Power Authority and local utilities. Lighting system upgrades can dramatically cut Hydro bills every month, and many projects often qualify for utility-sponsored rebates to help offset the upfront expense. To learn more, visit www.lumeneeringinnovations.com.
Batawa Ski Hill has been an important natural attraction in Quinte West for more than 50 years. Batawa Ski Hill is a not-for-profit organization that offers healthy, affordable, year round programming in a natural, outdoor environment. It is located in the village of Batawa just off Highway 33 only 5 minutes north of Highway 401. In winter, ski and snowboard enthusiasts enjoy nine runs, including a terrain park, day and night. During warm weather, 25 kilometres of trails open up to hikers and mountain bikers. And for young, curious paleontologists, a 40-foot replica Tyrannosaurus Rex is waiting to be discovered in Dino Dig park, the centrepiece of its summer day camps. To learn more, visit www.batawaskihill.com.
To schedule a personal media interview and/or to arrange a tour of the demonstration site, contact Michael Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (613) 394-3747.
Why Choose Lumeneering Innovations?
1. 30 years of system knowledge and trusted experience in the market
2. Strong utility and supplier relationships
3. Turnkey solutions for design, installation, commissioning and warranty
Lumeneering Innovations Solution Benefits:
1. 50% -70%. energy savings
2. No lighting maintenance expense for 5 years
3. 3 times longer bulb life for reduced replacement cost
4. Enhanced quality of light with more natural-looking colors for:
- Improve workplace productivity
- Improve buying experience for your customer
5. Better for environment due to
- Lower energy consumption and green house gases to reduce need for new power plants
- Reduces the strain on landfills as new lights will last much longer
- Eliminate hazard waste issues because there is no mercury in LED lighting solutions as compared to your current lighting fixtures
6. Cash rebates for limited time from Hydro and Government
Six Steps for Your Lighting System Upgrade
1. LI Representative conducts a Site Inspection and produces for you a free Lighting System Upgrade Analysis to learn how much you could be saving and what utility rebates you qualify for.
2. LI works with your local utility to verify exact energy savings and reserve rebates available to you.
3. LI presents to you a final proposal for your review and acceptance.
4. LI staff procures fixtures and install at your site
5. LI representative meets with you to commissions the system to ensure your satisfaction
6. Utility representative may conduct verification visit prior to rebate payment
# # #