- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
"Our goal from the beginning has been to achieve maximum community impact where it's needed most, and that's exactly what The Salvation Army continues to do." Matthew Pasts, CEO, BTS Asset Management
LEXINGTON, MA, July 25, 2017 /24-7PressRelease/ -- The BTS Asset Management Youth and Families at Risk Initiative, an important source of funding for The Salvation Army Massachusetts Division since its creation four years ago, has now exceeded $3,000,000 in total contribution value.
The BTS Asset Management Youth and Families at Risk Initiative began in 2013 with a pledge from long-time Salvation Army supporter BTS Asset Management and its executives and employees. The leaders of the Lexington, MA firm, including Vilis Pasts, Matthew Pasts and Isaac Braley, made a generous pledge to contribute a minimum of $1,500,000 over three years.
The Initiative has since provided $1,867,000 in direct contributions. Additionally, thanks to the thoughtful challenges and matches that have been created over the past five years by this Initiative, another $1,300,000 has been raised that otherwise would not have been possible, for a total value of contributions of $3,167,000.
"Through the generous commitment of the BTS Asset Management leadership and its stakeholders, The Salvation Army is able to fund a broad range of youth and family oriented programs and basic and emergency human services," said Major David B. Davis, The Salvation Army Massachusetts Divisional Commander. "Thanks to the long-term commitment, The Salvation Army can effectively plan the programs and services that positively impact the health and well-being of thousands while leveraging these gifts to motivate and challenge others to contribute at increased and major levels."
Matthew Pasts, BTS Asset Management CEO, said, "Our goal from the beginning has been to achieve maximum community impact where it's needed most, and that's exactly what The Salvation Army continues to do. We are proud supporters of their highly effective programs for youth and families."
Since its creation, the BTS Asset Management Youth and Families at Risk Initiative has supported a wide range of programs and services. The Initiative was designed to support three primary areas of focus: core Salvation Army services; innovative programs; and leveraging additional resources. Following are several specific programs and investments the Initiative has supported.
Investments in Programs and Services
- Back to School Celebration - Backpacks and school supplies
- Basic and Emergency Human Services throughout Greater Boston
- Bridging the Gap Between Youth and Community Services Fund - Youth at risk diversion
- Camp Wonderland - Week long overnight camp experiences
- Children's Scholarship Fund - Quality day care and afterschool
- Christmas Castle - Providing coats, toys and food vouchers
- Feeding and Wrap - Around Services Programs - for homeless individuals and families in crises
- Pathway of Hope - Breaking the cycle of crises and poverty
- Thanksgiving Food Baskets
- The Salvation Army Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center - Kids FEAST afterschool program and Bridging the Gap
Challenges and Matches Paying Dividends
- The Annual Luncheon - Matching Challenge to benefit multiple programs
- Triple Impact Campaign - Matching Challenge impacting multiple programs
- Red Kettle Campaign - Incentive programs to increase donations
- Planned Giving Challenge - Securing gift commitment for the future of The Salvation Army
About The Salvation Army
Whether it is shelter for a displaced family or a warm cup of coffee for our brave first responders - hope and healing is the message of The Salvation Army. Since 1865, The Salvation Army has been providing social and spiritual services to communities throughout the world. People given purpose, hearts given hope and souls finding redemption - this has been our mission for more than a century.
With heart to God and hand to man, The Salvation Army - an international movement - is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
About BTS Asset Management
Founded by in 1979, BTS Asset Management is one of the oldest risk managers, managing traditional assets with a nontraditional approach. BTS has a multi-year track record in tactical fixed income and equity management. Our goal is to find opportunities with the potential to take advantage of rising markets while working to manage losses during downturns. BTS seeks to preserve capital; aims to offer downside protection and upside potential; and strives to reduce volatility while delivering consistent long-term returns.
# # #