- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
The DFW Elite Toy Museum is open Monday through Friday from 9 AM until 5 PM and Saturdays by appointment only.
FORT WORTH, TX, July 24, 2018 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Call it Haltom's City best kept secret or a hidden gem, but whatever you do, make sure to make this museum your next destination. Located inside the RDS Investments corporate office, and home to Fort Worth Car Storage, this museum packs a powerful punch. Filled with Ron Sturgeon's personal collection, "Dog's in Art" highlights just that, dogs in art.
Lovers and art aficionados know that art is not just one medium, art is different to everyone. This exhibition showcases different painting, some dating back to the 1800's as well as toys. A crowd favorite, the museum also has the "Store Window Tapper," a toy that was designed in the 1930's. This toy was meant to draw customer's attention by tapping on the window when people walked past the storefront. When plugged in, the dog opens and shuts his eyes and taps on the window. Despite that this toy was originally made over a century ago, it remains in its original working condition. How impressive is that?
Among the art works that are currently on display for the "Dogs in Art" exhibition you will find these:
• THE MARQUIS OF HUNTLEY'S PAIR OF DEERHOUNDS, "NARREN" AND "GAIVNEY", IN A HIGHLAND LANDSCAPE by Charles West Cope
• LUNCH TIME by Edward Charles Barnes
• STUDY OF A PEKINGESE by Edwin Alfred Debenham
• TWO PEKES by Kate Rashleigh
• COURSING SALUKIS by Cynthia Underwood
• STUDY OF AN ITALIAN GREYHOUND by Alexander Blackley
• FIRST POINT by George Armfield
• WHY DON'T YOU TAKE IT? by Currier & Ives
• CHOW HEAD STUDY by S.R.
• CAIRN TERRIER by Dillon Ranel
• BORZOI HEAD STUDY by Karen Staudt-Cartabona
• THE WOUNDED COMPANION by After Richard Ansdell
• OTTER HOUNDS WORKING A STREAM by Reuben Ward Binks
• A GROUP OF FIVE COCKER SPANIELS AT THE EDGE OF A WOOD by Reuben Ward Binks
• TITLEY ABBEY POODLES by artist unknown
• LIFE IS GOOD by Patt R. LeMarie
• AFTER DINNER GUESTS by Louis Eugene Lambert
And many more! The DFW Elite Toy Museum is open Monday through Friday from 9 AM until 5 PM and Saturdays by appointment only. They proudly host groups, classes and more. Contact today for additional information about the museum and do not miss out on this exhibition! To learn more about past and current events make sure to visit the website at www.dfwelitetoymuseum.com
About DFW Elite Toy Museum
Called "the repository of cool stuff" by the Fort Worth Star Telegram, DFW Elite Toy Museum is home to more than 3,000 rare and antique toys and other historical items. Admission is free. To learn about current exhibits or arrange group tours, visit DFWEliteToyMuseum.com or call (817) 834-3625.
# # #