- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
LAS VEGAS, NV, June 18, 2018 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Restorative dentistry is a dental specialty that focuses on improving the appearance and functionality of teeth. Treatments can also improve congenital defects in the teeth that have caused patients embarrassment or made it hard for them to eat or speak.
Traditional restorative dentistry is a lengthy process. Historically, the prosthetic dental appliances usually used as a part of treatments have had to be produced in off-site dental labs using impressions that must be taken in the office. Typically, patients must be prepared to return to see a specialist several times before treatment can be successfully completed.
Dr. Suffoletta's practice uses CEREC (Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics) which is a cutting-edge technology, that compresses the steps that once took multiple visits to complete into a single appointment.
Although treatment methods can vary from patient to patient, the way in which CEREC is used is largely the same.
- Dr. Suffoletta administers anesthesia and prepares the tooth or teeth that will be treated.
- The specialist uses an advanced imaging device to capture three-dimensional images of the affected tooth.
- The images are instantaneously uploaded into the CEREC system, which then uses computer aided manufacturing technology to produce a blueprint for the new ceramic prosthetic.
After the blueprint has been taken, Dr. Suffoletta expertly designs a permanent ceramic crown, veneer or bridge using a milling machine and places it on the tooth. Patients leave with improved smiles and enhanced self-confidence.
CEREC enables Dr. Suffoletta to offer a number of same-day restorative dentistry services, including:
- Crowns, which are ceramics caps used to cover badly damaged or disfigured teeth.
- Implant Supported Crown, ceramic caps that are supported by implants.
- Veneers, which are thin pieces of ceramic placed over the front of the teeth to enhance their shape and hide imperfections.
- Onlays and Inlays, which are used to cover cavities and imperfections in the dental enamel.
Restorative dentistry may be covered by dental insurance. Alternatively, Dr. Suffoletta accepts credit cards and offers third party financing for low monthly payment options, for same-day restorative dentistry services that insurance does not cover and for patients who do not have insurance.
Dr. Suffoletta is currently accepting new patients at his practice, Functional Aesthetic Dentistry. The practice is conveniently located on 9580 W Sahara Ave #190, Las Vegas, NV 89117 near Downtown Summerlin.
Appointments can be scheduled by calling 702-671-0001 or by visiting their website at.
About Dr. Suffoletta
Dr. Jeffrey Suffoletta's mission is to provide his patients with the highest quality, state of the art dentistry built upon education, experience and excellence by offering the most comprehensive dental experience possible with our new Gallileos 3D cone beam. His Las Vegas dental practice focuses on preventive, restorative, and aesthetic dentistry. Dr. Suffoletta made a commitment to himself and his future patients to keep up to date on the latest technology available in the dental field. He continues to integrate it into his practice.
# # #