- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
SAN FRANCISCO, CA, November 13, 2010 /24-7PressRelease/ -- According to the Market Research Media's latest report NoSQL Market Forecast 2013-2018, the worldwide NoSQL market is expected to reach $3.4 Billion by 2018 at a CAGR of 21% between 2013 and 2018. NoSQL market will generate $14 Billion in revenues over the period 2013-2018. New research by Market Research Media reveals the following:
* Key-value date store is the only currently available database technology capable to provide combination of scalability, performance and robustness for extremely large databases, those beyond capability of RDBMS to handle data effectively.
* Transaction consistency is the biggest obstacle to adoption of NoSQL. Still NoSQL technology fills the gap for many applications where transaction consistency concern is secondary to scalability and performance gains.
* Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) are here to stay. Non-relational database is not a replacement but rather a supplement to RDBMS.
* NoSQL and cloud computing: a match made in heaven.
* One of the key drivers behind NoSQL adoption is open source - most of the current NoSQL platforms have been developed as open source.
The report provides detailed year-by-year (2013 - 2018) forecasts for the following NoSQL market segments:
*NoSQL market segments by geographic region: Americas, EMEA and Asia/Pacific;
*NoSQL market segments by application: biotechnology, defense, ERP/CRM, financial, geosciences/weather, image/signal processing, mobile/telecom and web;
*NoSQL market segments by platform, application and services: NoSQL platform software, *NoSQl appliances, NoSQL application software, integration, middleware and services.
The report concludes that the NoSQL market is still in the early stages of rapid growth and that NoSQL technology is getting traction in verticals such as biotechnology, military technology and broad application segments such as image/signal processing.
Market Research Media Ltd is the leading international provider of market research and intelligence for the governmental and business communities. Our premium market analysis is your unfair competitive advantage.
# # #