- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
TACOMA, WA, April 05, 2018 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Sound Physicians is a physician-led organization with a proven performance management model for improving quality, satisfaction and financial outcomes throughout the acute episode of care. Hospital Medicine 2018 (HM18) is held in Orlando this year from April 8 through 11. #HM18 is the largest annual educational conference for hospital medicine and draws more than 3,500 hospitalist physicians and practice managers.
Sound Physicians drives value in hospital and patient outcomes through its focus on innovation, one of the organization's core values. At this year's #HM18 conference, clinicians from several of Sound's programs across the U.S. are presenting or sharing their knowledge and research. Presentations include:
- Improving Care Team Communication and Workflow Efficiency in Hospital Medicine. Abstract 22. Anna Eastman, RN, Tommy Blanchard, PhD, Len Usvyat, PhD, and Laki Gajic, RN, BSN. Abstract.
- Homecoming: Patient Centric Next Site of Care Recommendations. Abstract 329. Lisa Ewert, RN, Sophia Rosen, PhD, Marta Reviriego-Mendoza, PhD, John Larkin, MS, Len Usvyat, PhD, and Laki Gajic, RN, BSN. Abstract.
- The Impact of Goals of Treatment on Mortality Outcomes. Abstract 134. Irene Spinello, MD, Andrew Long, PhD, Marta Reviriego-Mendoza, PhD, and Laki Gajic, RN, BSN. Abstract.
- Palliative/Surprise Screen Test Helps Improve Transition of Care. Abstract 39. Natalie Kontakos, MD, Joanna Willetts, M.S., Marta Reviriego-Mendoza, PhD, Len Usvyat, PhD, Brian Carpenter, and MD, Laki Gajic, RN, BSN. Abstract.
- The use of Standardized Discharge Education across the Continuum of Care to Reduce Hospital Readmissions. Abstract 65. Paulette Riesen, RN, Karen Ehresman, RN, Marta Reviriego-Mendoza, PhD, John Larkin, MS, Len Usvyat, PhD, and Laki Gajic, RN, BSN. Abstract.
- Regional SHM Chapter Leaders Forum. Danielle Smith, MD, MBA, SFHM, FACP; Robert M. Wachter, MD, MHM are leading a training session on leadership skills for new and emerging SHM Chapters.
A number of Sound Physicians colleagues are slated to receive designation as Fellow of Hospital Medicine (FHM) or Senior Fellow in Hospital Medicine (SFHM). These recognitions demonstrate an ongoing commitment to advancing the hospital medicine specialty and their competency in best practices. Robert A. Bessler, MD, chief executive officer and founder of Sound Physicians, commented, "As a physician-led organization, it's encouraging to see the advancement of our leaders. I congratulate them on taking the initiative and demonstrating a commitment to improving themselves professionally to better serve the hospitals and communities where they work."
Senior Fellows in Hospital Medicine
- Eric A. Fein, MD, SFHM
- Alex Kinnaird, MD, SFHM
- Vipul Shah, MD, SFHM
Fellows in Hospital Medicine
- Chithra Balasingham, MD, FHM
- Richard A. Cooley, III, DO, FHM
- Justin A. Fu, MD, MBA, FHM
- Preethi Ravichandran Kumar, DO, FHM
- Ayad Latif, MD, FHM
- Prabhbir Singh, MD, FHM
Another of Sound Physicians' core values is service, which includes work in the hospital and the communities where our physicians and advanced practice providers care for patients. This year at the HM18 Annual Conference, Sound Physicians will support the efforts of three local charities, Hanger Clinic: Prosthetics & Orthotics for Veterans, Make-A-Wish Foundation of Central & Northern Florida, and United for Puerto Rico. Conference attendees have an opportunity select one of the charities and Sound Physicians is contributing a donation on behalf of each person who signs up.
Visit Sound Physicians at booth #819 and Echo Locum Tenens, a wholly-owned locum tenens subsidiary of Sound Physicians in booth #918.
About Sound Physicians
Sound Physicians is a leading healthcare organization with a proven track record of improving quality, satisfaction and financial performance for its hospital partners nationwide. Sound combines a high-performance model with engaged providers to drive reproducible results across the acute episode of care – through emergency medicine, hospital medicine, critical care, transitional care, advisory services, and telemedicine.
# # #