NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ, November 30, 2012 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Alfa Art Gallery is presenting their holiday show, The Small Format and Affordable Art Group Exhibition. This exhibition will feature submissions of 12 x 12 x 12 inches or smaller from artists of all different mediums. Not only does this show display a style of art for every taste, but it provides the audience with the opportunity to purchase affordable, original artwork following the opening reception.
The Opening Reception will take place on December 7th at 7pm.
During this show, Nina Tomczak will present her collection of Russian Fine and Decorative Art on December 13-15 and 20-22, which will coincide with the Holiday Art Market at George Street Playhouse in New Brunswick on December 14 at 6 pm.
On December 14th, there will be an Open Studio event where the artists will be present to discuss their processes and techniques.
About the artists
Ken Hamilton, Margie Samuels, and Hana Aviv will show realistic watercolor paintings. Jo Bradney and Leroy White are exhibiting equally realistic paintings; Jo, focusing on objects, and Leroy, on figures. Agop Gemdjian, Alyce Gottesman, Chinyee, Dion Hitchings, Lisa Pressman, Miklos Sipos and Tatiana L.Sougakova will also be showing works in a highly abstracted style and will encourage the audience to take a step into their personal thoughts, as they create a scene directly from their minds. Francesca Azzara, Nanci Hersh, Jennifer Hines and Wade Miller will also be showing works that utilize an abstracted style; they use lines and shapes to create abstract forms in their works of art. Between these two drastic ends of the spectrum, falls the works of several of Alfa's exhibiting artists. Colleen Gahrmann, Lea Cattan, and Joanie San Chirico include identifiable forms and objects from everyday life in their abstracted paintings. Ethan Sherman and Judith Cantor will be showing three dimensional works. Included in this show are also artists from across the country and the Atlantic, Linda McCray and Ulf Koenig. Finally, Vesselin Kourtev, the resident artist and founder of the Alfa Art Gallery, is also presenting some of his small works in this exhibition.
# # #Read more Press Releases from Vesselin Kourtev:
- Alfa Art Gallery Presents "Reminiscent Brushtrokes," Artist Vesselin Kourtev's Solo Exhibition Opening
- New Brunswick Art Salon 2013, Part I: "Quiet Moments"
- The Alfa Art Gallery Thanks its Sponsors of the 2013 New Brunswick Art Salon
- The Alfa Art Gallery in New Brunswick, New Jersey, Selected as the Readers Choice Winner of 2012 for Best Art Gallery by the Home News Tribune
- New Brunswick Art Salon, Spring 2013, Water Color and Mixed Media, Call for Artists
- Alfa Art Gallery's 5th Anniversary Celebration
- The Alfa Art Gallery in New Brunswick, New Jersey, Presents the Opening of the Exhibition: Famous Russian Contemporary Artists
- United We Stand: New Brunswick Art Salon, Fall 2012 - Open Studio - Meet the Artists - Second Opening Reception
- Alfa Art Gallery Presents Vesselin Kourtev's "Temples"
- Moments in Matter: Vesselin Kourtev's Recent Works