- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
/24-7PressRelease/ - WESTERVILLE, OH, June 13, 2007 - Jim Canterucci's June guest is the world's funniest guitar virtuoso, Mike Rayburn. Mike's latest CD is titled Mike Rayburn at Carnegie Hall.
Jim Canterucci's Personal Brilliance - Up Close and Practical weekly podcast features experts and their brilliance. Each weekly episode (approximately 15 minutes) features one of the four Personal Brilliance catalysts - Awareness, Curiosity, Focus, and Initiative.
In addition to some great guitar clips, Some of the Mike Rayburn podcast's highlights:
Episode 1 - Awareness
- The balance of knowing yourself and using the built-in mirrors that surround us
- The benefit of more information
- Why you really need an outside perspective to really know yourself
- Consciously jumping into the solution - the 20/80 rule
- The #1 cause of getting stuck when solving problems
- A metaphor for awareness in our lives
- Using awareness as a way to tie things together via analogy
- Be up to date or risk becoming an un-trusted source
- Who are the best awareness detectors?
Episode 2 - Curiosity
- The most basic human cognitive function
- The two key questions
- How to be free of the fear that stops us from getting all the answers
- A different approach when a curve is thrown at you
- A significant question
- An exercise - what it takes to be the best
Episode 3 - Focus
- How the long view shapes the short view
- How seeing things in a large context sharpens our focus
- A quick approach for goal setting using a focus perspective
- Why too tight of a focus can hurt you
- Stepping back as a tool to be more focused
- Why Mike looks at how he is already branded as a journey not an end
- How knowing who you are will tell you what direction to pursue
- How Mike found his uniqueness
- Why friends are so critical to the process
- How Mike's unique music is based on thinking differently
Episode 4 - Initiative
- The real story about how to get to Carnegie Hall - It's not practice!
- A great example of overcoming a barrier to innovation
- It's ok to take action, not knowing if it will pay-off later
- How purpose is the missing link
- A test to see if your purpose in life is over
- How to draw from your sense of purpose
- Josh - an action hero story
- Why initiative implies risk
Click the ODEO link to go to the main Podcast page for Personal Brilliance - Up Close and Practical. Subscribe via iTunes, or subscribe via RSS.
Jim Canterucci is the author of Personal Brilliance. Find out how brilliant you really are with the Personal Brilliance Quotient (PBQ) at www.MyPersonalBrilliance.com.
# # #