- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
/24-7PressRelease/ - LA JOLLA, CA, March 24, 2008 - NewBlue, Inc. today continued its rapid expansion into the desktop video special effects market with a host of new video special effects plug-ins for Avid Media Composer and Avid Xpress Pro video editing systems. Avid customers can now enjoy 893 presets and 71 effects plug-ins encompassed in 7 distinct and competitively-priced NewBlueFX plug-in collections, designed to enhance the video editing experience. In addition to the Avid line of video editing software, NewBlue also provides plug-in technologies for the Adobe Premiere and Sony Vegas host platforms.
The NewBlueFX video plug-ins product line for Avid Media Composer and Avid Xpress Pro systems consists video plug-ins collections that provide artistic techniques, such as air brushing, pastel sketching and line drawing, as well as motion effects, such as earthquake, spin blur, wiggle and zoom.
"Avid is synonymous with digital video editing," explains Paul Devermann, NewBlue's VP, Business Development. "NewBlue is pleased to provide a rich set of video effects and transitions for customers of Avid Media Composer and Avid Xpress Pro systems."
Ken Miles, Director, Business Development, Avid Technology, Inc. said, "We're very excited to be able offer our customers support for a new suite of third party effects, designed to add flair and creativity to their productions. New Blue continues to innovate in the space of digital media creation, and we're looking forward to hearing success stories from the industry as customers start deploying these new effects into their workflows."
Among the NewBlueFX plug-in collections released for Avid Media Composer and Avid Xpress Pro systems are seven VideoFX collections, including NewBlue 3D Effects, NewBlue 3D Transformations, NewBlue Art Blends, NewBlue Art Effects, NewBlue Film Effects, NewBlue Motion Blends and NewBlue Motion Effects.
Included in the VideoFX category are seven collections:
- NewBlue 3D Explosions, 180 presets in 13 different plug-ins that introduce creative new ways to blast a scene into pieces. Plug-ins include: Blow Apart, Bouncing Cubes, Bouncing Frames, Box Explode, Confetti, Grid Fall Away, Grid Explosion, Intensity Grid, Plane Explode, Spiral, Spiral Rotation, Vortex, and Wiggle. ($119.95 USD)
- NewBlue 3D Transformations, 165 presets in 13 high energy transitions breaks creative ground with new ways to slice, fly and reassemble a scene with every technique. Plug-ins include: Box Fold, Checker Board, Comb, Flip, Fly Away, Louver Grid, Louvers, Magic Carpet, Page Turn, Pizza Boxes, Rotating Frames, Spiral Bounce, and Twist. ($119.95 USD)
- NewBlue Art Blends, 101 transitions in 10 specialized video effects that shift images through unique, stunning graphics filters. Plug-ins include: Color Melt, Color Wash, Contrast, Duochrome, Glow, Halo, Metallic, Shiny Fog, Sketch, and Vivid. ($119.95 USD)
- NewBlue Art Effects, 99 effects in 10 specialized video filters that shift video into a visually stunning alternate reality. Plug-ins include: Air Brush, Colorize, Color Melt, Dream Glow, Duochrome, Ghost, Hand Drawn, Line Drawing, Metallic, and Pastel Sketch. ($139.95 USD)
- NewBlue Film Effects, 81 presets in 5 dynamic filters that recreate the inexact mechanics of hand cranked cameras, dirty projectors, and decades sitting in film vaults. Plug-ins include: Film Camera, Film Damage, Film Express, Film Look, and Film Pro. ($159.95 USD)
- NewBlue Motion Blends, 112 transitions in 10 specialized video effects that twist, turn and transmogrify video from one scene to the next. Plug-ins include: Liquify, Roll, Shake, Shear, Shredder, Smear, Spin, Twirl, Wave, and Zoom. ($119.95 USD)
- NewBlue Motion Effects, 99 effects in 10 specialized video filters that add movement to images in a number of ways. Plug-ins include: Active Camera, Earthquake, Motion Blur, Ripple, Rolling Waves, Shear Energy, Spin Blur, Warp, Wiggle, and Zoom Blur. ($139.95 USD)
Users can purchase NewBlueFX directly from the company's website at www.newbluefx.com . Fully-functional trial versions are available for download, as well.
About Avid Technology, Inc.
Avid is a worldwide leader in tools for film, video, audio, 3D animation, gaming and broadcast professionals - as well as for home audio and video enthusiasts. Avid professional and consumer brands include Avid, Digidesign , M-Audio , Pinnacle Systems , Sibelius , Softimage and Sundance Digital . The vast majority of primetime television shows, feature films, commercials and chart-topping music hits are made using one or more Avid products. Whether used by seasoned professionals or beginning students, Avid's products and services enable customers to work more efficiently, productively and creatively. For more information about the company's award-winning products and services, visit www.avid.com.
Avid, Avid Xpress, Digidesign, M-Audio, Media Composer, Pinnacle Systems, Sibelius, Softimage and Sundance Digital are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
About NewBlue, Inc.
NewBlue, Inc. develops innovative audio, video and multimedia technologies for leading companies throughout the world. Founded in early 2002, NewBlue creates and licenses a range of proprietary technologies-- including a series of NewBlueFX video technologies, the NewBlue Audio Engine and Audiomatrix technology platform-- that meet the varied multimedia needs of mid-and large-sized companies. Experienced developers, musicians, artists, and software professionals with a unique and commanding set of skills, experience and talent comprise the NewBlue team.
The company unveiled its NewBlueFX product line in 2006 to meet the needs of digital video editing enthusiasts. The NewBlueFX collection of software plug-ins includes special audio and video effects, such as audio filters, noise reduction, equalization, compression and dozens of sophisticated graphic filters and transitions. To date, the NewBlueFX line includes 5 audio-oriented plug-in collections and 7 video-oriented effects and transitions collections for the Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere, Avid Media Composer and Avid Xpress Pro desktop video product lines.
For further information, please see http://www.newbluefx.com/media-kit.html
# # #