- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
The conference features iconic women leaders who will speak to attendees on topics pertinent to the enhancement of effective leadership strategies.
WESTCHESTER, NY, April 04, 2018 /24-7PressRelease/ -- The Women's Leadership Institute announces its distinguished lineup of panelists for the WLI 2018 Conference, "Building, Bridging and Blazing Pathways" to be held April 7, at Westchester Community College, Gateway Center, 75 Grassland Road, Valhalla, NY.
The conference features iconic women leaders who will speak to attendees on topics pertinent to the enhancement of effective leadership strategies. Jennifer Jones Austin, CEO and Executive Director, Federation of Protestant Welfare Agencies will deliver the keynote.
2018 WLI Conference Speakers
• Gloria J. Browne-Marshall: Associate Professor of Constitutional Law at John Jay College of Criminal Justice
• Kim Mitchell: Vice President, Program Development and Operations, NPower
• Mecca Santana: Vice President of Diversity and Community Relations, Westchester Medical Center Health Network
• Francesca Maxime: Broadcast Journalist, Poet, Author, Meditation Teacher and #WiseGirl YouTube Content Creator
• Ebone Carrington: MPA, FABC Chief Executive Officer NYC Health and Hospitals/Harlem
• Vanessa Wakeman: Founder and CEO, The Wakeman Agency
• Zenaida Rodriguez: Assistant Director Outreach Programs, Metropolitan Transportation Authority
Each panelist will provide vignettes and professional anecdotes from her experiences in leadership. "We are very excited about the level of enthusiasm we have received from speakers, sponsors and those who have already registered for this unique conference," said Barbara Edwards, Chair of Women's Leadership Institute Planning Committee. "We look forward to bringing together women leaders for substantive discussions of real-world solutions to key issues faced in the current landscape."
Panel topics include:
• The Six "C(s) for Profound Leadership – Character, Composure, Commitment, Communication, Competence and Caring
• How to Lead with Tact and Professionalism
• See Yourself – And Be Seen as A Confident Leader
• How to Navigate the Maze – Tips for Effective Leadership
The Women's Leadership Institute is an organization established to advance and improve the personal, economic and professional status of women. Activities and programs are designed to engage women in development initiatives to attract, develop, retain and promote talented women seeking leadership development or enhancement. We connect women across industries and demographics to help women address their most important leadership issues.
# # #