- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
NEW YORK, NY, September 16, 2022 /24-7PressRelease/ -- "One benefit from this type of analysis is that it provides an opportunity to engage in more directed discussions aimed at confronting these serious pathology presenting as low back pain, which may have the potential to provide long-term health benefits to healthcare policy," Eric Chun-Pu Chu, PhD, investigator and chairman from the Chiropractic Doctors Association of Hong Kong (CDAHK).
To fill this knowledge gap, researchers trained and validated the data algorithm in 7221 patients could aid their prevention, early detection, and treatment.
The study consisted of data from 30 clinics with 38 chiropractors at the CDAHK between January 2020 and July 2022. Descriptive statistics were utilized to analyze results among the 7221 identified patients with new-onset low back pain.
The study found that serious pathology was uncommon among adults with new low back pain presenting for chiropractic care. It is calculated 1 serious case diagnosed per chiropractor for every 34 months. The study was published in Medical Science Monitor.
CDAHK is the largest Chiropractic Professional body in Hong Kong. CDAHK has actively involved in all kinds of chiropractic activities and public health care events since its establishment. In 2022, with the supports from local chiropractors, Dr Chu had published over 25 chiropractic studies (2-24), and received numerous awards including Breast Feeding Initiative Award from United Nation Children's Fund, and United Nations Sustainable Development Goals Achievement Awards Hong Kong.
"CDAHK is the leading chiropractic association in Asia. Our approach further validate of the previous data, with the adaptation of current technology and policy." Dr. Jacky Yeung, PR of CDAHK described. The current research will guide the clinicians in identifying serious pathology, such as cancer, more often in the chiropractic clinics. The CDAHK can easily share the science to public through our education campaigns, such as the World Spine Day.
1. Chu EC, Trager RJ. Prevalence of Serious Pathology Among Adults with Low Back Pain Presenting for Chiropractic Care: A Retrospective Chart Review of Integrated Clinics in Hong Kong. Med Sci Monit. 2022 Aug 2;28:e938042.
2. Chu EC, Trager RJ. A 60-Year-Old Man with Gingivitis and Poorly Controlled Diabetes Developing Low Back Pain 1 Week Following Recovery from COVID-19 Diagnosed with Spinal Abscess Due to Streptococcus oralis. Am J Case Rep. 2022 Sep 4;23:e937517.
3. Chu EC, Trager RJ, Lai CR, Shum JSF. Metastatic Recurrent Breast Cancer Identified in the Chiropractic Office: Case Report and Literature Review. Am J Case Rep. 2022 Sep 4;23:e937609.
4. Chu EC. Neuromuscular scoliosis in the presence of spina bifida occulta and a transitional lumbosacral vertebra: A case report. Radiol Case Rep. 2022 Sep;17(9):3260-3265.
5. Chu EC, Trager RJ. Effectiveness of Multimodal Chiropractic Care Featuring Spinal Manipulation for Persistent Spinal Pain Syndrome Following Lumbar Spine Surgery: Retrospective Chart Review of 31 Adults in Hong Kong. Med Sci Monit. 2022 Aug 2;28:e937640.
6. Chu EC. Reducing Cervical Retrolisthesis With Long-Term Monthly Chiropractic Maintenance Care: A Case Report. J Med Cases. 2022 Jul;13(7):359-364.
7. Chu EC. Shoulder Injury Related to Vaccine Administration (SIRVA) in 16 Patients Following COVID-19 Vaccination Who Presented to Chiropractic, Orthopedic, and Physiotherapy Clinics in Hong Kong During 2021. Med Sci Monit. 2022 Jul 11;28:e937430.
8. Chu EC, Trager RJ, Shum JSF, Lai CR. Pancoast Tumor Presenting as Neck Pain in the Chiropractic Office: A Case Report and Literature Review. Am J Case Rep. 2022 Jul 7;23:e937052.
9. Chu EC, Trager RJ, Chen ATC. Conservative Management of Low Back Pain Related to an Unresectable Aggressive Sacral Hemangioma: A Case Report. Am J Case Rep. 2022 Jun 23;23:e936984.
10. Chu EC. Large abdominal aortic aneurysm presented with concomitant acute lumbar disc herniation - a case report. J Med Life. 2022 Jun;15(6):871-875.
11. Chin WL, Chu EC, Chiang R. Screening and Diagnosing Osteoporosis Among Postmenopausal Women in Primary Care Settings in Malaysia: A Systematic Review. Maedica (Bucur). 2022 Jun;17(2):492-504.
12. Chu EC, Leung KKY. Chiropractic Management of Symptomatic Pedicle Hemangioma: a Case Report. Maedica (Bucur). 2022 Jun;17(2):528-531.
13. Chu EC, Chen AT, Chiang R. Chiropractic care of Parkinson's disease and deformity. J Med Life. 2022 May;15(5):717-722.
14. Chu E. The Opportunity to Unlock the Architecture of Healthcare Model: Chiropractic Care-at-Home. Journal of Contemporary Chiropractic. 2022 March; 5(1):44-49.
15. Chu EC, Wong AY. Mitigating Gait Decline in a Woman With Parkinson's Disease: A Case Report. J Med Cases. 2022 Mar;13(3):140-144.
16. Chu EC. Preventing the progression of text neck in a young man: A case report. Radiol Case Rep. 2022 Mar;17(3):978-982.
17. Chu ECP, Lee LYK. Adjacent segment pathology of the cervical spine: A case report. J Family Med Prim Care. 2022 Feb;11(2):787-789.
18. Chu EC. Remission of Headache and Neck Pain Following Chiropractic Manipulative Treatment in a Patient with Neurofibromatosis. Chiropractic Journal of Australia. 2022 February; 49(1):8-19. Chu EC, Yau K, Ho V, Yun S. The scalable approach to the Chiropractic patient journey. Asia Pacific Chiropractic Journal. 2022 February; 2(5):2-8.
20. Chu ECP, Wong AYL. Change in Pelvic Incidence Associated With Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction: A Case Report. J Med Cases. 2022 Jan;13(1):31-35.
21. Chu E. Smart Rehabilitation Clinic. Journal of Contemporary Chiropractic. 2022; 5(1):7-12.
22. Chu EC. Improvement of quality of life by conservative management of thoracic scoliosis at 172°: a case report. J Med Life. 2022 Jan;15(1):144-148.
23. Chu EC, Trager RJ. Chiropractic Management of Neck Pain Complicated by Symptomatic Vertebral Artery Stenosis and Dizziness. Am J Case Rep. 2022 Sep 14;23:e937991.
24. Chu EC, Trager RJ. Concurrent Bell's Palsy and Facial Pain Improving with Multimodal Chiropractic Therapy: A Case Report and Literature Review. Am J Case Rep. 2022 Aug ;23: e937511.
# # #