- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
/24-7PressRelease/ - WESTERVILLE, OH, July 17, 2008 - Jim Canterucci's July guest is marketing success story George Wright of Blendtec.
Jim Canterucci's Personal Brilliance - Up Close and Practical weekly podcast features experts and their brilliance. Each weekly episode (approximately 15 minutes) features one of the four Personal Brilliance catalysts - Awareness, Curiosity, Focus, and Initiative.
George Wright (www.willitblend.com) is behind what has been called, "The best viral marketing campaign ever." The Will it Blend? viral marketing campaign has changed the face and the future of online marketing. Seen by more than 100 million people on the Internet and traditional media outlets like the Today Show, the Tonight Show, the History Channel, The Big Idea, etc. Will it Blend? continues to deliver unprecedented corporate awareness through social media channels with extraordinary results for the Utah based blender manufacturer, Blendtec (www.blendtec.com).
During his career, George has produced several award-winning campaigns and is the recipient of multiple awards, including a Clio, the .net Award for the best viral marketing site in 2006, YouTube Awards short list, PRSA's Silver Anvil, IABC's Golden Spike Award, and 2007 Best of Broadband and two Gold Communicator awards.
Some of the George Wright podcast's highlights:
Episode 1 - Awareness (available July 7)
• How Will it Blend? originated
• 5 million views in the first week
• The practical application of social media - 700% increase in sales
• Big increase in sales with little investment
• Are marketers lazy?
• Branded content vs. Advertising - The rules change
• Why demonstration of the product is a key component
• A wise view of success in both marketing and life in general
• Awareness exercise for a marketer - two questions
• Pay attention when you say, 'there's got to be a better way.'
• The three marketing awareness steps
Episode 2 - Curiosity (available July 14)
• The curiosity of a child
• Market segmentation - The Who question
• Perception - The What question
• The most overlooked question
• The feedback loop
• Beyond engagement as a measure of campaign success
• Curiosity as a test of effectiveness
• The two sides of each catalyst
Episode 3 - Focus (available July 21)
• The shift between two extremes
• The battle between entrepreneur and business person
• How to stay grounded
• Advertising vs. Branded Content
• Basic ground rules for a campaign
• Dealing with 'The Big Gooey Blob of Blah'
• Reverse engineering your own experiences in the market
Episode 4 - Initiative (available July 28)
• Problem Recognizers vs. Problem Solvers
• Take control - initiative is necessary if you want to break through
• Social media is not new - what is new...
• The trust effect
• Advice for corporate marketers regarding social media
• Going to the source - it's possible now
• The initial investment for Will it Blend?
• When you do it right you get paid to market
• Use of social media in face-to-face situations
• Take the ump out of the game
• Even not so successful ideas can have a positive impact
Visit http://www.pbpodcasts.com to listen to each episode and for show notes. Subscribe via iTunes, or subscribe via RSS.
Jim Canterucci is the author of Personal Brilliance. Find out how brilliant you really are with the Personal Brilliance Quotient (PBQ) at www.MyPersonalBrilliance.com and experience the Personal Brilliance Daily Appointment Audio Suite at http://dailyappointment.pbselfstudy.com.
# # #