- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
SEATTLE, WA, April 08, 2009 /24-7PressRelease/ -- As we grow older, our bodies tend to process nutrients less efficiently, which means we must increase our nutrient consumption if we want to be lively into our 80s and 90s. Here are some anti-aging secrets that can help you feel and look younger longer:
• Eat a low-fat diet that is high in complex carbohydrates: You should consume at least five fruits and vegetables and three servings of whole grains each day for optimum health. You should also drink five to eight 8-ounce glasses of water.
• Build endurance through exercise: You should engage in regular aerobic exercise in order to slow the aging process. Regular exercise combats the loss of muscle strength, stamina, bone density and balance that escalates as you age.
• Maximize your intake of antioxidants: Antioxidants combat free radicals and oxygen fragments that attack and damage cell membranes. Eat dark-colored vegetables like tomatoes, carrots, squash, and spinach to get a sufficient amount of carotenoids, as well as blue and purple berries to get adequate flavonoids. Also be sure to get enough vitamin C and vitamin E.
• Practice portion control and make every bite count: Cut back on unnecessary calories. Studies of small mammals have shown that in every case these animals have increased their lifespan from two- to four-fold by cutting back on the amount of food they ingest. These animals also had a lower rate of heart disease, diabetes, cancer and memory loss. Lower your caloric intake by eating fewer sweet and greasy foods and increasing your consumption of fruits, vegetables, while grains and legumes.
• Don't Do Hardcore Dieting. Maintain a healthy level of body fat. Too much dieting can deprive your body of vital nutrients and make the skin on your face lax, creating facial folds and wrinkles. Yoyo dieting can contribute to sagging facial skin and fat.
• Get your fat from fish: Obtain your fat from fish instead of red meat. The omega-3 fatty acids found in fish can lower your risk of heart disease and stimulate your immune system. Some studies reveal that these fatty acids might even reduce depression and may help inhibit the growth of cancer cells.
• Take an anti-aging supplement: Anti-aging supplements like gerovital gh3, resveratrol and aslavital are designed to reduce stress, fatigue and make you feel fresher by providing essential vitamins and proteins that your body needs. These supplements can rejuvenate you physically, emotionally, and aesthetically. They can aid in your overall development and slow the effects of aging, such as face and neck wrinkles.
• Restore your hormones to youthful levels: Loss of energy, stamina and libido are symptoms that can increase with age. They are also the classic symptoms of declining hormone levels. After age 35, the production of estrogen, progesterone and testosterone begins to rapidly decrease. Therefore, hormone replacement therapy is one of the most effective weapons to fight anti-aging.
• Prevent wrinkles from forming: One of the best things you can do to maintain a youthful appearance is combating the formation of wrinkles. Be sure to moisturize daily and always wear sunscreen. Dry, sun-damaged skin will wrinkle fast. Also, stop smoking, as it interferes with your blood supply around your mouth and can lead to more wrinkles. Get sufficient sleep. Burning the midnight candle can make you look old, so remember to always get enough sleep. By sleeping on your back, this can also help avoid any wrinkles caused by pressing your face into a pillow. If you can, use a softer pillow made of silk instead of cotton.
Other things like practicing good skin care and keeping your stress levels down will also help maintain a youthful appearance. When you are no longer able to hide the effects of aging, there are a number of cosmetic procedures that you can undergo at Pratt Plastic Surgery in Washington. Please visit the Pratt Plastic Surgery Web site today.
Source: Pratt Plastic Surgery
# # #