- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
PHILADELPHIA, PA, April 29, 2017 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Our crew at Delta Auto Protect is celebrating National Car Care Month by providing you some of our best tips for keeping your automobile in shape for the spring season.
National Car Care Month acts as a reminder to take care of any auto issues that may have occurred or possibly overlooked during the winter season. As we roll into the spring season we are given a new set of road conditions, such as slick and wet roads. It's important to make sure your tires, brakes and windshield wipers are ready for it!
Here's our list of the most important things to do with your automobile before taking that spring road trip.
- Check all of the fluids in your vehicle to make sure nothing is running close to dry. Maintaining all of these fluids, such as engine oil, power steering, brake, transmission and windshield washer, is key to keeping a strong and healthy vehicle.
- Give all of the belts and hoses under the hood a once over to make sure they are not cracked or brittle and frayed. Anything that is too loose or shows signs of excessive wear should be replaced before the part fails altogether.
- Check your tire pressure and tread wear. Make sure they are filled up to the proper PSI for optimal use. Make sure there are no bulges or bald spots and if you notice uneven wear it generally means it's time for a new wheel alignment.
- Make sure you check your wipers and all of the lights so you can see as well as be seen by others. Replace your wiper blades if you haven't in a while so you can see during even the heaviest of precipitation and check that all of the interior and exterior lights are functioning as they should be.
- Don't forget to look at your exhaust system! Check it for leaks, damaged or broken supports and hangers. Some of these can be indicated by a strange noise when the car is running.
- Check the heating and air-conditioning for the automobile. Make sure the ventilation system is working properly and that air is coming out of all of the ports build into the car.
- If it has been a while, get your steering and suspension system checked. We typically advise an annual checkup, which can potentially point out any future problems that might come up.
A good portion of this maintenance can be done at home with just a bit of elbow grease. That said, if you aren't exactly comfortable performing your own automotive maintenance, you can schedule a service appointment with your preferred mechanic. Just remember, preventative maintenance is the best way to keep your automobile running properly through the seasons.
Since inception, Delta Auto Protect has been servicing Vehicle Owners with dedicated quality care and providing comprehensive coverage to all drivers nationwide. Since the beginning, our goal has been to provide exceptional service, eliminating delays, and developing the industry standard for Extended Vehicle Service Programs. How do we do it? Delta Auto Protect is staffed with ASE certified technicians who work for you. Our staff speaks directly with your repair center and provides coverage authorization in a timely manner directly over the phone.
# # #