- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
LAS VEGAS, NV, August 16, 2015 /24-7PressRelease/ -- PODS of Las Vegas knows that heading off to college can be an expensive, life-changing experience, and with 45 percent of students using their parents as their main source of income, it can be equally as terrifying for mom and dad. Students and their parents can rest assured that PODS can at least ensure a smooth, easier move before they make their way into a new college residence.
Just like generations before, students are tasked with packing up all their belongings and moving from living with their parents to living on their own.
"Some students are moving away from their home for the first time and into a college dorm which can be a very exciting but equally emotional time for the students" said Lane Moore, Owner of PODS of Tucson. "At PODS, we want to help make the move a more relaxing experience for both the students and their parents by offering dependable moving and storage options. Plus we offer youth the flexibility of storing their stuff over the summer in our local storage centers."
Before students make the big move, PODS of Las Vegas offers students entering into the fall semester, simplified moving tips to help make the move safer, greener and much more efficient:
10 College Moving Tips for Students
1. Check out the college or apartment complex website for moving information and resources ahead of time. Use a checklist of suggested items to bring and keep the packing process focused and streamlined.
2. Begin packing belongings a couple of weeks ahead of time to keep last minute stress to a minimum. Instead of cramming everything into a car with only room for the driver, rent a PODS container one week prior to the moving date and let PODS deliver everything to the new destination. This provides a relaxed schedule for both parents and students.
3. Have a friend, roommate or fellow student moving to the same school? With enough room to spare, share the cost of a PODS container to school and keep your stuff at college by sharing a container over the summer.
4. If you will be sharing a dorm room with one or more fellow students, contact them ahead of time. Discuss personal styles and work together on making the dorm room a "home away from home." Discuss larger items such as microwaves and TVs to avoid duplicates to maximize space.
5. Upon arrival to the new living destination, give the folks at PODS a call for a scheduled delivery of your container within 24 hours. Unpacking is easy thanks to ground-level accessibility.
6. Be realistic and don't over-pack. Find out the dimensions of the room(s) that will be occupied. Consolidate and don't bring items that won't be needed.
7. Important rule of thumb for packing boxes: pack heavy items such as books in small boxes and lighter items such as towels and linens in larger boxes. Be sure to label each of your boxes on all sides.
8. Make sure items are safely protected during the move. Items most likely used for packaging include: bubble wrap, packing tape, plastic stretch wrap, cushion foam, wadded up newspapers and old blankets and towels.
9. Think ahead and buy green. Purchase green items such as natural material furniture and organic sheets to reduce your carbon footprint. Donate your used items to local nonprofits.
10. Ask family and friends in advance for help transporting belongings in and out of PODS containers. If no help is available, a local PODS representative will have a list of reliable movers available for an affordable cost.
About PODS Enterprises, LLC:
PODS is a leader in the moving and storage industry providing both residential and commercial services in 46 U.S. states, Canada, Australia and the UK. Founded in 1998, PODS pioneered the portable moving and storage industry now preferred by many customers' increasingly active and mobile lifestyles. To date, the PODS network has completed more than 600,000 long-distance moves, exceeded 2 million deliveries and has more than 150,000 PODS containers in service.
# # #