- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
CHICAGO, IL, September 25, 2009 /24-7PressRelease/ -- These days, drivers can use all the savings they can find. Reports show that more and more drivers are dropping their auto insurance policies to save money or maybe because their policy was too expensive. A recent InsuranceAgents.com article warns drivers of driving uninsured (which is illegal in most states) and, instead, suggests looking to other providers for more affordable coverage.
Another provider may be able to offer you the same coverage plan for a more reasonable price, allowing you to save money and keep your policy. But to switch to another provider, you will first have to learn how to put a stop to your existing coverage, according to the article, "Auto Insurance: How To Find Another Policy And Properly Cancel Your Existing One."
• To terminate your existing policy, you should:
• Make sure that your new auto coverage is approved
• Establish dates for when the old coverage ends and your new coverage starts
• Request a refund (if you have any paid unused premiums)
• Call customer service if you have any questions and eliminate any unresolved issues
Just as important as terminating your old policy is finding the right new policy for you. You should have a provider and plan in place before you terminate your old policy. There are three things any driver looking for affordable insurance should do to save money: shop, compare and consult:
• SHOP - Start your search on your computer by looking online for low cost car insurance quotes. Talk to the local agents who give you quotes and ask about coverage
• COMPARE- Comparing quotes and policies from several providers at once will help you find both the best rate and coverage plans
• CONSULT - Talk to a local auto insurance agent and let them know what coverage you need and what your budget is.
"All in all, good research and communication are the keys to getting the auto insurance policy that you've been dying to achieve amidst rising insurance costs," according to the InsuranceAgents.com article. "[S]hopping around online will give you an edge over competing car insurers."
InsuranceAgents.com can help you find quotes to start your search.
InsuranceAgents.com connects consumers with local insurance agencies, and provides expert articles to help consumers make the right decisions.
# # #